PDA

View Full Version : Emulators for X-box

PapaSmurfbeta
November 1st, 2005, 20:34
Hello i need some help, i have shearched for a guide for Kawa-X on how to install it. But when i ftp it into my xbox it goes back to evox screen. Any help will be nice!

Plus is there a better auto installer than Slayer 2.5 is there more versions?
Plus i hade evox on my xbox and someone kicked it, locked up my hard drive, put in a new one and it just keep rebooting when i tried to load evox! dose anyone know because i don't need all that stuff that comes with slayers!

Well thanks to the help and if you can please email me! [email protected]

Thanks!!!

P.S. Kawa-x worked once but i didn't have roms in so i ftp backi into it and put roms and no everytime it just restarts

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2005, 04:09
Hello i need some help, i have shearched for a guide for Kawa-X on how to install it. But when i ftp it into my xbox it goes back to evox screen. Any help will be nice!

Plus is there a better auto installer than Slayer 2.5 is there more versions?
Plus i hade evox on my xbox and someone kicked it, locked up my hard drive, put in a new one and it just keep rebooting when i tried to load evox! dose anyone know because i don't need all that stuff that comes with slayers!

Well thanks to the help and if you can please email me! [email protected]

Thanks!!!

P.S. Kawa-x worked once but i didn't have roms in so i ftp backi into it and put roms and no everytime it just restarts

Thats very odd. I recomend you redl kwakx

PapaSmurfbeta
November 2nd, 2005, 22:07
Hey thanaks, butt i did try that i have even tryied installing Slayer 2.5 again.... I really don't know what to do! does anyone have XBox-Board Ultimate Boot-CD v4.0 I would gladly pay for it all i have is 56k because i live in the backwoods of missouri :( (witch sux) but if not, Info will still help!

P.S.b. (Papa Smurf beta)

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2005, 23:32
Hey thanaks, butt i did try that i have even tryied installing Slayer 2.5 again.... I really don't know what to do! does anyone have XBox-Board Ultimate Boot-CD v4.0 I would gladly pay for it all i have is 56k because i live in the backwoods of missouri :( (witch sux) but if not, Info will still help!

P.S.b. (Papa Smurf beta)

In the directory C:\ you have your msdashboard.xbe (think xbe=exe), However through some meathod (there is alot) your machine is allowing you to launch a program called evox as your dash board... now evoX usually has an *.INI file that points evoX to certain directories. These directories are usually called /games and /apps ... And usually these folders are located in the E:\ .

Now if you were to look at the actual file structure of an xbox DVD (you cant on your pc, so dont try) in the root directory (the very first directory you would see if you loaded the CD) has another *.xbe file which is ALWAYS NAMED default.xbe. When the disk is read on the xbox the machine always knows to launch DEFAULT.XBE. Well evoX has the ability to launch an XBE file from anywhere on the hardrive (in accordance to whatever the INI file is set to [usually e:\games and e:\apps]) So when you FTP "EMULATORX" to your box it should look somthing like this.

E:\games

copy ENTIRE folder containing "EMULATORX" with default.xbe to this drive. now you have a directory called:

E:\games\EMULATORX

and inside that folder you have a bunch of files and *default.xbe*

ok.. so now your done ftping. First thing you have to do is reset your xbox. on reset try to open up applications->games->emulatorx and HOPEFULLY it will load that executable.

Now if that option is availible in your menu and it still is failing my guess is that you either placed somthing in the wrong directory or some how the default.xbe file got corrupted.

PapaSmurfbeta
November 3rd, 2005, 19:09
I have tried all it loads and just resets to the evox dashboard. I'm using Slayer's auto installer 2.5

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2005, 19:29
It shouldnt matter what softmod you used.. You loaded it, but it didnt have roms before? Obviously you did somthing incorrect. Give me a file list of what you have.

PapaSmurfbeta
November 4th, 2005, 16:09
i have Slayer's autoinstaller 2.5
exunim ice with ver 3
20gig hard drive
and thats all the programs are what come with slayer's besides the kawa-x i'm tring to install.

plus slayer's has snes emu and it won't read the roms

thanks for your help 'one time' but i really think its helpless, but if you think you can fix it......

Cap'n 1time
November 4th, 2005, 20:02
Well first.. I never use auto installers. I always install mystuff from scratch so I know exactly what is doing what. If slayers has a readme take a peak at that and see if it says anything about a configuration file or somthing.

as for the SNES roms directory:

1) FTP into your box and go to the snes folder. You will see default.xbe and a text file called *config.ini*
2) If you open up or edit config.ini you will see somthing like

ROMPATH=d:\roms\ as that is the default settings when you DL the emulator and because the creators of slayers were probably lazy.
3) assuming that you have the emulator in a folder called xsnes9x located in the e:\ change ROMPATH=d:\roms\ to

ROMPATH=e:\snes9x\roms
or whatever the correct rom path is.

my guess is that kwakx has the same or very similar problem. just change the config file.

plungmonies
November 7th, 2005, 07:08
yeah autoinstallers are nothing but trouble, as for kawax the roms must be in D:\ROMS as changing the location in the config file will not work like it does on other emu's.
if all else fails just use final burn alpha instead.

Mental2k
November 7th, 2005, 19:49
certain installers by mr kr*yzee, while being illegal (thats why i astixed it) are rather good. Oh and roms are bad, cause thye're probably illegal.

Jdemon
November 7th, 2005, 23:44
You might find some info on Slayer's Site http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/ to help you figure out just what's going wrong with your EvoX situation. But it sounds like what's going on with Kawa-x might also be one of thoes "rom issues". They are in the wrong directory/the directory needs to be in all caps/the directory needs to be in all lower case/ the roms need to be in zip files/the roms won't recognize in zip files so they have to be unzipped first/ (and on and on :D) Not sure about what the standard is for Kawa-x but you should be able to find that info, and make sure that's not causing a problem also.

It sounds like 1timeuser should have you on the right path although I love my Slayer 2.6 :p odds are it did install to the E Drive (by default) Using an FTP connection is definitely the way to get in there and figure out what folders are on which HD(partition) because no matter what version of Slayer you use it's not going to move the directories around or change file/folder names for you.