PDA

View Full Version : Sierra games on PSP?

xmodx
November 2nd, 2005, 20:27
I love Scumm and playing all of the old games I used to play on my PC back in the day but does anyone know of an emu or app that allows you to play any other games besides Lucas Arts more specifically Sierra games even more specifically Willy Beamish...

Mr.Modem
November 2nd, 2005, 21:43
Right now the best way to play Sierra games is to play the Atari ST versions in CaSTaway. Sadly enough Willy Beamish never made it to the ST. But it was ported to Amiga so you can probably run it in PSPUAE.

THINKABOTIT
November 3rd, 2005, 05:09
I Love Sierra Games!!!!!!!!!homeworl,homeworld Cataclysm,and Homeworld 2 Would Be The Ultimate Psp Games!!!!!!!!

iball
November 3rd, 2005, 05:30
Well, I preferred the Sega CD version of Beamish myself.
I think he means the old Sierra classics that run using the FreeSCI emulator.

http://freesci.linuxgames.com/

Someone port THAT baby to the PSP! They already ported it to the GP32 for crying out loud.
The most current FreeSCI supports the following Sierra games:
Space Quest 3: The Pirates of Pestulon
Hero's Quest: So You Want To Be A Hero
Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
King's Quest 4: The Perils of Rosella
Police Quest 2: The Vengeance
The Colonel's Bequest
King's Quest 1: Quest for the Crown (SCI)
Leisure Suit Larry 2: Leisure Suit Larry goes looking for love (in several wrong places)
Conquest of Camelot

I used to run it on my Zaurus and it ran great. Now, someone port it for the PSP!

qaopjlll
November 3rd, 2005, 07:58
The older King's Quest games with the text interface are pretty much unplayable on PSP, it takes all day to input text commands. I've played the Amiga versions of KQ 5 & 6 and they're mostly playable, except for the fact that each screen takes around 20 seconds to load.

DraconumPB
November 3rd, 2005, 13:20
I read that title and thought: Sierra... Valve... Half-Life...

Sorry for interrupting the post.... hl-on-psp......meheheh...*drooling-at-concept*

xmodx
November 3rd, 2005, 16:48
Are any of those forementioned emus compatible with the 2.0 eboot loader I know I can always downgrade but I'm really into GTA right now... Thanks for all your help so far guys.

iball
November 3rd, 2005, 17:03
FreeSCI has not been ported over to the PSP yet, so none of those games currently work on it.
I just got GTA in my post box and I'm heavy it into it now too....when I get tired of it, back down to 1.5 I go.