PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 06' Review

YourStillWithMe
November 4th, 2005, 21:30
I'm a HUGE golf fan so I feel the need to write this review. . .
anyway time to write another review. . .

Graphics-7 out of 10

Ok, 2005 on the psp was very impressive and this game has its moments as well but it seems as if they didnt improve upon them much or experiment with a different graphics engine. They basically look exactly like 05, no improvements or losses in terms of facial expressions, greens, camera angles, etc. etc. EA was weak in this department

Loading Time-9 out of 10

Alright the loading time is veeeerrrrryyyyy good! It's A LOT better than 05. With Tiger Woods 05 I could have a bowl of pasta, come back and it would have JUST finished loading! (haha) It is a lot smoother in this game, so EA did improve upon here. So late at night when you play you won't fall asleep while its loading. . . :)

Controls-8 out of 10

The only thing that makes the controls stink is when you are putting I HATE the putting! (i'll get to that later) Everything else is still the same The swing is with the analog stick still (such a great idea to do that EA. . .) R is to do the spin and power boost, O is to zoom in on your shot, L is to change clubs, square change the type of shot etc. etc. and so on.

Sound-7 out of 10

Not exactly an exciting soundtrack like NBA Live 2006 on the psp but its not HORRIBLE because of how it is on the course. When it hits the flag it sounds realistic, when the ball goes in the hole it sounds good, when your driver hits the ball it sounds identical, the sound effects are good here.

Putting-3 out of 10

Ok this =H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E This is the worst putting that I have ever seen! (Aside from Cyber Tiger) I give it a 3 because they tried to make it like the consoles and at least they tried! They tried to make the putts a bit more accurate and there not at all. I would always pull the aim marker further back and use like a quarter swing with the putt and it went FLYING by the hole. If the putting was good this game would be perfect but its BAD.

Overall-7 out of 10

It's not a buying game; if you can, rent it. Give the game a few days it has its moments but i would not recommend buying it. Get 2005 if your gonna get one 2005 is more accurate and more fun because the Rivals mode is disgusting and very dumb in 2006. . . if your gonna play 06 get it on Xbox!!! its insane)

Umm one last final thing

EA Sports, It's In The Game

This has been another review by YourStillWithMe