PDA

View Full Version : New PSP games e.g. Tales of Eternia- work with a version changer?

vaant
November 6th, 2005, 09:28
Hi, i know that the new GTA game does not work on any psp with firmware lower than 2.0 (even when using a version changer like WABs) and i am wondering if now all new PSP games will require 2.0 to play?

Tales of Eternia comes out in Europe next week and i was wondering if WABs version changer will work with it? since the game originaly came out in Japan in march and i know that WABs version changer will allow that to play on a 1.5 PSP, will the Europe version be differant?

Thank You!

PSP_Newbie
November 6th, 2005, 09:41
well, so far only gta and possibly 1 other game dont work with wab version changer, and right now, everything else works fine with version changer
however, im guessing others will see the success GTA had w/out the game being pirated and pretty soon all games might not work with the version changer

vaant
November 6th, 2005, 13:07
hmm, but i thought the reason why GTA didn't work was because the game itself uses certain files the 2.0 has and the 1.5 doesn't support (btw i am prob wrong as i have not read much into it so please don't flame me if i am wrong...) and for a game like Tales which was released in Japan a while ago i can't see why it would have been changed since surely the only differance between the Japanese game and the European version will be the differant text and maybe voice over and of course a 2.0> update added...?