PDA

View Full Version : umm a little help plz

hjfbv1
August 14th, 2008, 10:07
ok i just downloaded triple triad, i did all the instructions right i think and its not working, this happens with 90% of the homebrew i try, im running 4.01 m33-2 can anyone help? im much abliged
NOTE: im sticking all my homebrew in GAME not game150 or game4xx ive tried switching them around but nothing helps

bah
August 14th, 2008, 11:05
I don't know that app but ill assume its in firmware 1.5 format if your having issues.

Do you have a fat or slim PSP?

If its fat, do you have the 1.50 kernel plugin installed?
If you have a fat but dont have that installed, get it from Here (http://dark-alex.org/index_psp.php) and put your homebrew in X:\PSP\GAME150

If you have a slim PSP and its firmware 1.50 based homebrew, getting it to run will be more complicated...

hjfbv1
August 14th, 2008, 20:07
its a slim psp with darkalex 4.01 m33-2. ive gotten some homebrew to work, for example the magic the gathering game ive gotten to work, all csos and isos ive gotten work, so im not sure whats wrong with the other 90% of homebrew that i want to try

bah
August 15th, 2008, 11:13
PSP ISOs and CSOs are not homebrew, they are copied of official PSP games.

Homebrew software is like homebrew beer, made not by game studios with big budgets, but by dedicated and talented people in their own free time.
Many do program for a living, but they are not paid for their homebrew work. This is why we owe them all such a huge thanks :)

Homebrew that is designed for kernel 1.5 will not run on the PSP slim as sony designed it specifically to not run firmware 1.5.
Fat psps can run parts of the 1.5 kernal alongside the 3.x/4.x one the custom firmware is based on.

If you want to run 1.5 based homebrew, you will need to look into a thing called 'time machine', I know nothing about it other than its name and purpose.
It is more complicated than just installing a plugin for the firmware, it is based on the same 'hack' and the pandora's battery downgrader.

There is also an eloader for slim psps (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/team-noobz-release-eloader-v1-00-psp-slim-homebrew-loader-74203.html) to run some 1.5 based homebrew, I dont know what the compatibility is like though.

I cant offer much more help than that, I dont know anyone with a slim PSP (well, in real life. On these forums there are plenty of ppl with slims that perhaps could help).

hjfbv1
August 16th, 2008, 20:06
so should i look for psp slim specific homebrew?

also the eloader diddnt work for my game:P still get the error of no working 008..what ever the rest is

>| angry asian man says "gurr"

bah
August 17th, 2008, 07:27
Yes; you need homebrew that is compiled for the 3.X (or 4.x) kernal, not 1.50, for the PSP Slim.

If there is a version labelled '3.X', '4.X' or 'slim' then it should run fine.