PDA

View Full Version : tech problem w/ wab version changer, HELP!

carapalida
November 9th, 2005, 01:48
i have a BIG problem...i have searched this site and also another one i know to find out how do you undo the wab psp version changer?

i have a 1.5us psp and used the wab version changer to trick it to 2.0...but i want to place it back to 1.5.

i was under the impression that all you had to do was to remove the memory stick of course, delete the wab version changer program of the memory stick and do a system reestore on the psp?

well i did that and it did not got back to 1.5...it still shows 2.0.

the readme file doesn't say how to move it back to its original state...

and i also need to know if doing this off and on (even though i know it is not necessary) if it screws up the psp? what technically does this version changer do to your psp? does it flash part of the firmware?

please help me out...i thank you in advance...

carapalida

omniosiris
November 9th, 2005, 02:05
all it does is trick the PSP and change the firmware label to 2.0, it does nothing to the actual firmware. To put it back to 1.5 just launch the version changer, and set it back to 1.5

carapalida
November 9th, 2005, 04:28
all it does is trick the PSP and change the firmware label to 2.0, it does nothing to the actual firmware. To put it back to 1.5 just launch the version changer, and set it back to 1.5

>>> does it screw it up by doing this all the time? i mean...i know i don't have to be doing all the time...but do you know of any problems happening with this?

how come system reestore doesn't work? you think it would...

thank you for your time, carapalida

PSP_Newbie
November 9th, 2005, 06:00
why would you be doing it all the time or have to change it back?
once you use it initially to trick it to 2.XX, you never have to use it again
and system restore only resets settings
what the version changer does is flash a tiny part of your firmware that the psp reads to show the user and umd games what version you are using
and there are no known negative effects to using this software

carapalida
November 9th, 2005, 11:03
why would you be doing it all the time or have to change it back?
once you use it initially to trick it to 2.XX, you never have to use it again
and system restore only resets settings
what the version changer does is flash a tiny part of your firmware that the psp reads to show the user and umd games what version you are using
and there are no known negative effects to using this software

>>> it is not that i will be doing it all the time...i mean...so far i did it 3 times because i was not sure what was happenig...
but i just wanted to check of course...
so, it does in a way "write" on the firmware?
you see...when you read the readme files with the explanation of these programs most of them say, "do it at your own risk"...blah blah blah...this might cause your psp not to work...something like that...so i kind started gettting freaked out over some of these apps...
thank you, carapalida