PDA

View Full Version : SBI Fails

optimistry
November 9th, 2005, 21:13
Selfboot Inducer has stopped working for me. It was fine before, but I didn't use it for a while and now nothing boots; it goes straight to the audio cd player screen instead.

I've downloaded and burned a pre-made image, which booted fine. I've tried installing sbinducer to the default directory, to no avail. I've tried running it on a different computer, but that didn't work either. I've tried different SBI files and I've tried alternative tools (like BootDreams). My DC isn't the problem as I've been testing the images in Chankast as well (plus, like I said, it worked before).

I know there's at least 100 of these threads on here and I apologise for making another one, but I've browsed through a bunch of them and this still has me stumped. :/

Darksaviour69
November 9th, 2005, 22:06
one common problem is simply space, make sure there is enought space on the C:drive or what ever drive your using. inducer will make an uncomplete, non working image if here is not enough space, no warnings.

optimistry
November 10th, 2005, 17:53
I considered that - my C: drive is running low on space. However, I tested it on another computer with plenty of space. I also tried using single, small SBIs, with which the space used while Inducer was working never exceeded a few MB.

So no. It's not a space issue. Any more ideas?