PDA

View Full Version : burned the cd all right but can't read it???

klrwhale
November 10th, 2005, 18:49
Hi
I tried to burn some homebrew and to re-burn my utopia booter. But all my burned cds just don't read...
I tried to burn with discjuggler with nero ay different speed but no changes.
When i check my disc on my computer, everything looks fine, the data IS there...

I tried burning autobootgames to see if there was a change but...no

I even copy my own old boot cd and reburn it ... the original is fine ( half of the time cause it's quite scratched...)
But the copy don't work...

I was wondering if it could come from the cds I use???
(verbatim datalife 700 mo)

or from my hardware ( sony Vaio with dvdrw dwU14a)

Well if anyone can help me... tx

Ivan
November 10th, 2005, 21:15
download Dc-Cdr Dreamcast Cd Recording Software" v1.0 by Chossy (http://www.dc-swat.net.ru/download/pc/Dc-Cdr.exe) :)

klrwhale
November 10th, 2005, 23:33
first tx for the quick answer...

i downloaded the program U recomended but if i understood its function, it's supposed to allow U to convert "bootable " in "self booting"...
which is great and can become handy...but not exactly what i'm looking for...

My problem is that everything i burn isn't read... EVEN boot cd (from utopia v1.2) or self booting programs

I mean : what is the point of making a boot-cd self booting? Isn't he already supposed to?

The other solution is that I didn't get what U (or the program meant) and in that case I beg U for complementary informations... :o

And that don't explain why a copy of a valid boot-cd is invalid...

anyway tx for the trouble

Mental2k
November 14th, 2005, 18:33
this may well be a DAO, TAO problem. I'd say you're usin nero. If so your burning in the wrong mode. If you're burnin TAO, change to DAO, if you're burnin DAO, change to TAO.

That should solve your problem.

If it is a TAO/DAO error.