PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued R4 updates?

theeggman85
August 16th, 2008, 23:17
I heard a rumor about the r4s being discontinued in favor of DSTTs, and also there hasnt been a kernel update for r4 in a really long time... are the updates discontinued, or are they still being made?

rich549
November 13th, 2008, 11:09
The official R4 firmware updates are no longer being developed, the team has disbanded and production of the (REAL) R4 has been ceased.

Not to worry though as firmware v1.18 plays all new games anyway, well the ones ive tried it with that is! :D

berkovski
November 15th, 2008, 09:32
that I know about r4 is the original team isn't work together anymore, but there are few companies who use the r4 name but every r4 flash card work with different firmware which the buyer have to download from its site, the most stupid thing here is that these sites are cloning of the original r4 site and the most important is to know what r4 you've been bought - I know for r4 original, r4 sdhc (works with micro sd up to 32gb) and r4 upgrade (works with micro sd up to 32gb) (mine is r4 upgrade and I tested it with 8gb micro sd it works well) and if you don't pay attention on that your card probably won't work, it took me two days reading in forums to understand that :P hope this can help to someone
*sorry for my bad english