PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Files

PhatPSPFTW
August 17th, 2008, 01:32
After spending many hours scouring the Internet for answers, I've finally given up and came here to ask the pros for some help. Well, to start off, my PSP history. I'm on 3.90 M33-3 with 1.50 kernal add-on. Everything on my PSP was working fine when I had my 2 GB card, and it stayed working fine even when I had bought my new 16 GB card (yes, before you ask, it is legit).... or so I had thought. A few weeks after getting it, gPSP just went corrupt, and I have no idea why! I'm also trying to get PSPlayer MT, but it keeps corrupting when I try to get it to work. The files in particular that get corrupt are the gPSP and PSPlayer MT files (the gPSP% and PSPlayer MT% show up in the XMB, though that's not really of any use to me). All of my other homebrew apps. work properly, just these two seem to mess up. Can someone shed some light on this dilemma for me? I'd be happy to answer any questions you have for me, if it can help.

bah
August 17th, 2008, 07:22
Probably something to do with 1.50 based homebrew not liking the large size of the card and writing incorrectly to it and corrupting things.

The 1.5 kernal can not address memory sticks larger than 4GB.

I am unsure if there is any way around this, I thought the issues with larger memory sticks were fixed in newer custom FW but perhaps not for 1.5 based things.

One of those unofficial gpSP versions may be in kernel 3.x format and so may not have the same issue (I really don't know, I have never used the unofficial ones and I have a 4GB card). Perhaps worth a try.

PhatPSPFTW
August 17th, 2008, 21:02
Hmm, I was hoping that memory sticks over 4 GB would work well, but I guess it hasn't happened yet has it? Well, thank you for the info., I guess I'll have to wait for the next few updates to address these issues. For now, though, I guess I'll try and stay away from homebrew using 1.5 kernal. Now that I think about it, everything that has been corrupting uses the 1.5 kernal...

PhatPSPFTW
August 18th, 2008, 00:58
Is PSPlayer MT available in 3.XX?

bah
August 18th, 2008, 11:47
No idea, Ive never even heard of that app.

Googling 'PSPPlayer MT slim' or 'PSPPlayer MT 3.x' and looking/reading is all I can suggest.