PDA

View Full Version : GenesisPlus questions

The.G.Man
August 18th, 2008, 09:03
Ok, I'm a bit OCD with setting up various emulators and such. I like everything to be correct and in order. I'm using GenesisPlusDC-gpwt-280107-Quzar.sbi , which I downloaded from the SBI Repository. I don't have any gameplay related issues, it plays wonderfully.

My question is, how the heck do I get that spiffy Sonic image included in the Images directory to show on the background of the rom selection menu? I have used 4 CDs trying to get it just right, and that's the only problem I'm having now. I'm just not digging the plain black background.

Thanks

Christuserloeser
August 19th, 2008, 22:09
There's no way on how to use the image for the background. The GUI is what it is, you can't modify it without recompiling the emulator itself.

The.G.Man
August 19th, 2008, 22:51
Crap, I was afraid of that. I looked through the source and didn't see any mention of it, I wasn't sure if it was called from somewhere else.

What was this written in, standard C, +, or #? I don't know much about programming, but I've always wanted to learn. Is there any fundamental difference between PC scripting and the DC scripting? Any links you may know off the top of your head that could give me insight in where to start?

It seems like it would be easy enough to implement something as mundane as a background.

Thanks for the reply.