PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO emu for PSP NOT CD or Pocket?

Lomius
November 12th, 2005, 01:41
I am referring to the console AES?MVS? System. Not the CD system. I just find it strange that the CD system was Emulated first? Is it because of the loading points? I heard somewhere there is a conversion for the AES/MVS system to convert to CD. But does a NEOGEO Console Emulator out there exist? Metal Slug and King of Fighters 99 are awesome on NEOGEOPSP but imagine Mark of the Wolves, or SVC vs Capcom...

I searched over 50 of these forum threads and found nothing on this. Please lemme know Thanks! :rolleyes:

geise69
November 12th, 2005, 08:10
Sorry but a regular neogeo emulator isn't going to happen. There's not enough ram on the psp to have regular cart neogeo system emulated. You'll need alot more ram. It sucks I know cause Metal Slug 1 and 2 aren't enough. I need metal slug 3 as well. The ram issue is another reason alot of games in the mame emulators for psp get errors and won't load.

10shu
November 12th, 2005, 18:34
Sorry but a regular neogeo emulator isn't going to happen. There's not enough ram on the psp to have regular cart neogeo system emulated. You'll need alot more ram. It sucks I know cause Metal Slug 1 and 2 aren't enough. I need metal slug 3 as well. The ram issue is another reason alot of games in the mame emulators for psp get errors and won't load.

maybe not that impossible...we could use a memorydummy file on the memory stick and stream the information from there. you don t need to load the all rom to play a fighting game...just chunk of memory.same for metalslug3 you dont need to load all the level to play one level of the game...
not all game would work but for sure some could work that way

just need to profile how much data rendering uses, and try and contain this region in Ram...

using the source from a PC version of neorage to track memory usage from within the rom image, and see how-big-a-buffer for how-often-refill ration - then we know if possible

we peobably have to do some tweaking for each game to work...but the neogeo game library is kind of small...so i say possible...

...or somthing...:)