PDA

View Full Version : Unreconized PSP

FoamyXZ
August 19th, 2008, 17:56
Hey,

I apologise if this has been posted before.. i didn't really have time to do a search.. If it has been posted before just tell me to L2Search and i'll try.. So.. onto the problem...

When i connect my PSP to my computer via USB it says "Unrecoized Device" I have tried to use Device manager to manually install a driver but no success.. I also tried a Driver for a Digital camera that was ment to be a quick fix for the problem bu that didn't work.. I have 6 ports on my PC.. it says the same for all of them.. I used the USB cable on Sunday in another PC and it worked perfectly fine then.. I formatted my card on sunday since it had corrupted data it worked fine after the format..

*crys* i just want it to work :P So.. If anyone has a fix or knows the problem.. Could you get backto me.. Thanks :)

More detailed info on my PC is...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
2.4 Celeron Processor
4x USB 2.0
2x USB 1.0

PSP Info:

System Software Version 3.93 (Sony Firmware)
Sony MemoryStickPRO Duo 4GB Magic Gate

Side note:
I also own an 3G Ipod Nano at 4GB that works in my PC but i have a 4GB Memory stick that has the same problem as my PSP.. :S Completly stumped tbh..

Thanks in advance <3

/Nate

jxx2005
August 19th, 2008, 22:07
the problem is probably your memory stick
plug it in to some other device

FoamyXZ
August 19th, 2008, 23:48
the problem is probably your memory stick
plug it in to some other device

I dont have a second item to put it into.. Only thing is my Phone.. but thats Micro SD..
Why is it my card? It worked perfectly in my GF's PC?

jxx2005
August 20th, 2008, 00:50
usually the case is
when your memory stick is in your psp and your computer wont read it via that
then its usually the MS

FoamyXZ
August 20th, 2008, 00:55
Do you think Formatting it using the PSP will help? I'm prepaired to loose all my saves to make it work.. if theres like a 80% chance it will.. Dont wanna loose them for nothing tho... Its not just my PC? since it wont reconize my Memory pen either?