PDA

View Full Version : Please help my 1GB SONY Memory Stick PRO Duo^^

vaant
November 14th, 2005, 15:22
hello,

i bought a 1GB SONY Memory Stick PRO Duo for the use with my PSP. My PSP does not seem to want to read the card, when i turn the PSP on with the new card in it the orange light on the PSP flashes really quickly and then just carries on flashing just at a much slower rate...None of my games seem to reaad the card (i keep getting the 'please insert a Memory Stick Duo' error). I have tried to format the card using the PSP but the PSP wont format it because it can't read it... Am i supposed to format these cards by using a card reader on a PC before i can use them with the PSP? or should they work straight out of the box? I need to know if this is a n00bish error of mine or if i need to return it^^

My PSP is a Japanese 1.5

and this is the card i bought :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7559333742&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Thank You!

Fragggle
November 14th, 2005, 19:20
Hi,

I had the same problem with my 1GB card, it should just format in the PSP, its usually best to format memory sticks in the device they are intended for.
After trying everything I could think of, I mentioned it to the people i work with and they said it was a faulty card, I sent it back. One week later I recieved another new 1Gb stick and it worked fine :)
Contact the seller on Ebay and I'm sure they will accept it back and send you out a replacement :)