PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Xbox 360 to PC

cakes
November 14th, 2005, 19:32
Hi all,

I’ve read that it will be possible to play music on the Xbox 360 from a PC.I have a few questions and would be grateful if somebody could help me out (apologies for the ignorance).

1. I run Windows XP on my PC but I don’t have Media Center- is this software necessary?
2. What will be the best way of connecting the Xbox 360 to my PC to play music?
3. Is any additional hardware required (do I need a wireless bridge?)
4. Do I need a network card in my PC- if not how will the 2 devices ‘talk’?

Cheers,

Cakes

eternaldragonx
December 17th, 2005, 01:13
all ya gotta do is download "windows media connect" from xbox.com/pcsetup then install the program and edit which folders you want to "share" with the 360 you can share pics and movies with this prog, but not movies, only ppl with "wondows media center" can do that and sadly neither u or i have it, but its pretty cool coll because you can actually use one of your images as a background for the 360, and aslo when you play games you can use the music from ur pc as a soundtrack, even better you dont need to waste all that space on your 360's HD just use you pc's, anyway ive rambled on way to much i hope this clears things up for ya

Dodds®
January 5th, 2006, 13:34
What a piss take! I cant believe that they wont let you watch movies but they will music! Why!!!!!

Even is i had the crappy Media Edition of windows i still can only stream WMV format movies to the Xbox. Why!!!!

eatmybeard
October 23rd, 2006, 11:55
cos microsoft a knobheads