PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 go, or no go?

chrisvong
November 15th, 2005, 00:20
I keep hearing more and more about how 2.5 will be hackable, although I am somewhat skeptical, I am eager to have wifi internet capablilities on my PSP and all the other benefits of a 2.5. I am also aware that Sony, once it finds out that the PSP 2.5 firmware is hackable, will create a newer firmware that will be harder to crack than ever. So here is my problem: Would it be safe to upgrade now? Will 2.5 be homebrew enabled? :confused:

Fanjita
November 18th, 2005, 18:14
I keep hearing more and more about how 2.5 will be hackable, although I am somewhat skeptical, I am eager to have wifi internet capablilities on my PSP and all the other benefits of a 2.5. I am also aware that Sony, once it finds out that the PSP 2.5 firmware is hackable, will create a newer firmware that will be harder to crack than ever. So here is my problem: Would it be safe to upgrade now? Will 2.5 be homebrew enabled? :confused:

Don't upgrade to 2.5. Upgrading to 2.0 is fine, and then you can run most homebrew plus have access to the built-in wifi web browser.

There's nothing really to recommend v2.5, unless you happen to have a LocationFree server in your home.