PDA

View Full Version : First Xbox 360 Reviews Hitting the Web

wraggster
November 15th, 2005, 19:01
The first reviews for Xbox 360 games are starting to hit the web! 1UP has reviewed Kameo, Project Gotham Racing 3, FIFA Soccer 2006, NBA 2K6, and Amped 3, while IGN has reviewed Madden NFL 06, Kameo, and NBA 2K6. Judging from both sets of reviews, it looks like Project Gotham Racing 3 - which scored a 10/10 on 1UP - is the only sure winner of the 360 launch games thus far

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/15/1636243&tid=211&tid=10

Hevyduty
November 16th, 2005, 00:12
Conspicuous by its absence is PDZ. I'm guessing we won't be seeing any early reviews for PDZ, just like there's not a playable demo for it on the XB360 kiosks in stores. Theres a reason for that. It's a dud and Rare knows it. At least that's my guess.

Like a movie that isn't pre-screened for critics to obscure the fact that it sucks until it's actually in theaters, I'm guessing we won't see much on PDZ until it's on store shelves. My advice is to not buy--repeat: DO NOT BUY--Perfect Dark Zero until you've read some reliable reviews from reliable sites. This game has had "stinker" written all over it for months now, and I think MS and Rare are trying to keep it under wraps for as long as they can to delay our inevitable disappointment until after we buy it.

Contrast this to how they're treating Kameo (already in stores, lots of reviews, playable on kiosks, etc.) and I think the strategy is obvious. The more we know about PDZ, the less chance we'll buy it.

Hawq
November 16th, 2005, 19:16
Rare have traditionally been secretive about their titles so its no shock that theres not a review of it yet, frankly I'm amazed its had as much coverage in the pressa s it has really. The only worry about it is that as the GE team left to be Free Radical & several of the PD team also jumped ship to be there who's left from the classics?

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2005, 20:25
i doing some free lance work for a guys who's brother worked for Rare (did some of the coding for conkers on xbox) he just left for rockstar. He said that MS has put a load of managers in and giving them the money as the normal workers get a pay cut! Also the new manager are over interfering with the design of the games!

Hevyduty
November 17th, 2005, 05:11
Rare have traditionally been secretive about their titles so its no shock that theres not a review of it yet, frankly I'm amazed its had as much coverage in the pressa s it has really. The only worry about it is that as the GE team left to be Free Radical & several of the PD team also jumped ship to be there who's left from the classics?
Well, I'd buy into the "secrecy" theory if they were being secretive with Kameo, which they definitely aren't. I still need an explanation for the difference in promoting the two games: one's being showcased and the other hidden like they're embarrassed of it. I think that fits perfectly into the bad buzz the game has had, being labled the disappointment of the launch in many previews.

Like DarkSaviour mentioned, Rare isn't the same company since the MS buyout. Sad stuff.