PDA

View Full Version : Is there a method to play flash (.swf) files on the PSP?

Shiaoran
November 16th, 2005, 01:25
not only movies, but interactive files too.

Produkt
November 16th, 2005, 01:57
The FileManager program has the ability to launch flash files not sure on how you would run flash games but the support is there.

The main problem is flash (you probably dont know it) is a software rendering engine, which even if you have an anchient video card and a 2.4ghz processor you will do just as fine as the fella next to your with a nice 7800GTX, infact there will be no difference.

A good wile ago Macromedia released a nice video showing the new engine for flash (this video was of a real time demo shown at a flash developers confrence). I was stunned at its new power, the flash "8" as we can call it, was designed to be much more efficient, making an older computer run practicly any flash video at its intened frame rate with high detail on. Unfortunately Macromedia hasn't said much since then.

If more was known about this new engine things could work alot nicer for flash video on the PSP, but the main problem we will find is the flash games will have to be made specificly for the PSP, making it great for cartoons and such but in the long run just another lua player for the others.

Shiaoran
November 16th, 2005, 02:41
so I can't use the analog as the mouse and X as the left button? :P
Thanks for referring the program, but I need something to play a game in flash...

xuphorz
November 16th, 2005, 04:58
http://www.flydownloads.com/download/multimedia/swf2video.exe
swf to mpeg conveter
then copnvetr to mp4 by pspvideo 9

Shiaoran
November 16th, 2005, 17:35
I need something to play a game in flash...
got it?

linkandzelda
January 29th, 2006, 18:19
[QUOTE=Produkt]The FileManager program has the ability to launch flash files not sure on how you would run flash games but the support is there.

how do you open them with the psp filemanager because i cant seem to do it