PDA

View Full Version : PSP IRC Client

Psilocybeing
November 16th, 2005, 02:03
Just a post to let you know, I've got a working demo of a very simple(hacked together from the source of peldet(telnet client for the PSP))IRC Client. If anyone wants a demo, I'll mail them the PBP. Be warned I've only just got it connecting, so if you want to join channels or anything, you will have to do it with s-print, and raw commands :). This is my first PSP project, I hope you like it.

I'm going to sleep for now, but I'll get channels/messaging etc working tommorow during the day/evening.

I have one question for any devs out there, willing to lend a hand. File I/O in C on the PSP. Can you use it normally, or do I have use some backwards method?

If I could get a screenshot I would, but I have no camera available at the moment. Devs/whatever that want to see the early version, give me a PM/eMail.

Psilocybeing
November 16th, 2005, 15:38
I've just finished cleaning up a small IRC client for the PSP. It's nowhere near finished yet, as it only handles the ping/connect messages so far(just displays the rest, raw code and all). It can join a specified server/channel, and send messages using p-sprint.

This will be a brief readme, but it should have everything you need to hear in it.

This is pIRC, an IRC client for the PSP, using the wireless internet connection. It is a hacked together version of danzels 'peldet' Telnet client. Many thanks to him for releasing the source code!

So far, it can connect to a server, join a channel, and send messages to that channel using p-sprint.

You won't be able to send raw commands, so to quit you will have to make do with the power button for now :)

I'll work on tidying up the recieve code, so we can actually SEE what people are saying, instead of all the information the server sends with messages.

INSTALL:

To install, simply copy the correct version to your game folder, and edit the 'config' file to your needs.

<server IP> <server PORT> <nickname> <channel>
example:
193.120.201.111:6667 PsiloPSP #psp
(Quakenet PSP channel)

Enjoy!

Psilocybeing
([email protected])

Psilocybeing
November 17th, 2005, 14:04
Here is 0.3. Enjoy.