PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEOCD so slow going to bake a turkey while I wait for game to load...

jwilds73
November 16th, 2005, 07:37
Well a few of the smaller zipped image files run fine but some games seem to take forever to load. Windjammers and League Bowling boot up fast. Even Metal Slug does but many games seem unplayable with how slow then load when starting up or when loading between rounds on fighters etc. Is there a way to help the games boot faster? Less compression on zip ie: bigger zip file etc?.

So far these titles seem to run reasonable for me.

Windjammers
League Bowling
MetalSlug 1&2
Magician Lord
Crossed Swords (haven't tested CS2 yet)
Neo Turf Masters

What titles have you tested that boot up reasonably fast?

rokobungi
November 16th, 2005, 08:12
seems like it takes about 10 times longer for games to start from zip best thing is to just leave them uncompressed (or unzip them to a dir) the mp3's are going to take up most of the room anyways.

PSP_Newbie
November 16th, 2005, 08:28
i would recommend just leaving them unzipped(i dont remember if it requires a zip file or not though, if it does you can name the actually folder Game.zip and it works)
so if you have space on your mem stick, leave it uncompressed, otherwise you're outa luck

jwilds73
November 16th, 2005, 15:09
Ok so I can leave all the file uncompressed in their own folders in the game directory naming each folder "gamename".zip? Luckly the older system EMU's run great zipped as I recently cleared up space zipping my older roms.