PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 set to make its debut ahead of E3 !

wraggster
February 9th, 2005, 21:54
Sony's next-generation home console will be revealed to the world before the E3 show in Los Angeles this May, representatives of the company have confirmed, with rumours strongly hinting at a late March unveiling.[br][br]In the wake of the official public debut of the Cell microprocessor which will power the console earlier this week, speculation has been rife about Sony's plans for revealing more precise details of the platform itself.[br][br]Now representatives of SCEA have confirmed to US website GameSpot that the company "will have an event to premiere [its] next-generation system" ahead of the E3 show in three months time.[br][br]While Sony has revealed previously that the console will definitely be at E3 in some form, it's been widely rumoured that the unveiling would come before then - with a Sony roadmap from last year suggesting that it would come near the end of the firm's financial year in late March.[br][br]That timescale still seems very possible - the company has revealed that the unveiling will not be at GDC next month, but a special Tokyo event to show off the console's specifications in late March would be in keeping with the firm's past approach on such announcements.[br][br]However, it's important to note that a pre-E3 event to premiere the system could mean just that - since Sony, along with rival platform holders Nintendo and Microsoft, traditionally holds an event in Los Angeles in the days before E3, and used this event to premiere the PlayStation Portable.[br][br]Both Microsoft and Nintendo are expected to make announcements concerning their next-generation plans at E3.

Mental2k
February 27th, 2005, 20:58
If one more person tells me that the PS3 will be 1000x more powerful than the fastest pc, before sony actually confirm this, i will ritualisticly kill them. >:(

Eric
February 27th, 2005, 21:00
and from what i have heard more powerful then the new xbox so Sony will conquer next damnit lol

ptr.exe
February 27th, 2005, 21:57
theres far too much hype about PS3, im sick of fanboys telling me it will be 10000x faster than any PC and it will have ten billion zillion polygon count, and it'll do my homework and paint my fence and will kill Ninty and M$ once and for all.
im sick of fanboys, roll on the almighty ninty revolution!! ;)

Mental2k
February 27th, 2005, 22:23
ride on mofo. actually i reckon the xbox is gonna slay in its next incarnation. But only if its backwards compatable, if it is, man, it'll be the best console on the planet. tehe im an MS fanboi. (ptr, sayin M$ is soo last century mate)

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 20:04
:-[ oh sorry, i offended your beloved MS ;)

I havent really thought about next-gen much, as long as ninty make a half decent console i'll be happy. Depending on price i may get xbox2 (or whatever its called now) as well as Revolution, i have a GC and PS2 now and im sick of Sony's shoddy products so definatley wont be buying the originally titled PS3.