PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Wab Version Changer and No Update don't work for SOCOM - Any new versions avai

centroles
November 16th, 2005, 23:49
I bought SOCOM thinking that since I used Wab Version Changer to trick my psp into thinking that it has 2.0, it would let me play the game without having to update.

But that's not true. SOCOM won't run, neither will GTA. PSP No Update UMD Launcher and SXT Version Changer both also don't help me run either game.

I really want to keep my homebrew.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WORK ON MAKING A PROGRAM THAT LETS YOU RUN GTA AND SOCOM WITHOUT HAVING TO UPDATE FROM 1.5??

THANKS.

ataribob
November 17th, 2005, 03:40
Try using the UMD Dumper V.01

than copy game to your card and try the ISO loader v8

echel0n
November 17th, 2005, 14:18
can gta be played using the same method?

we really do need a list of what games are playable on what firmware, and what can be played using what method. seems theres some controversy over it...just a shame to go spend the cash on a new game and not be able to play it.

ataribob
November 18th, 2005, 16:12
I think the 2 games above require a "codec" that's only in version 2.50.
Sony will do that to all new games

centroles
November 20th, 2005, 23:29
well the main reasons i got the psp were to play...

homebrew

gta
socom (and possibly infected)

sucks that sony is forcing me to choose between the two.

i hope someone cracks the 2.0 update and uploads the codec (and possibly the internet browser too) that you need to play the two games without having to add any of the security stuff.

they can just annouce it on here and just make it available via torrents or something.

Produkt
November 20th, 2005, 23:54
GTA and Socom require version 2.00 as I heard (I'm sure on socom!)

and with the apropriated downloads you can choose between which at any time even after you decide...

but i warn you massive writing to eprom is dangerous and i have heard if you do it 500 times some where around there eprom breaks... and cant be edited again.

H3NCH no2
November 21st, 2005, 17:07
the simplest way to get around this is if someone creates an eboot loader for 2.0 that lets you put any homebrew on your psp

bobcobb
November 21st, 2005, 17:17
Which exists, so go download it fools.

hawaiinsurf614
November 23rd, 2005, 01:21
hey im like a total loser newb but w.e i downloaded the version changer thing..where do idump the % folder and normal folder?? the root of the mem stick...under game?? im at a loss..please reply