PDA

View Full Version : So I was thinking about the Hard Drive and I thought of making something like this.

jwilds73
November 18th, 2005, 04:34
A multiple memory card slot "backpack" that plugs into the psp the same way the HD does through the Memory card slot and placed on back of the unit. However instead of a Hard Drive inside the unit there would be slots for memory cards and a switch on the side to toggle between cards. Cards are thin enough so I imagine you could make a multiple card slot backpack with slots for 8 cards. Four rows across double height so two cards in each row. Then on the side would be the switch to choose which card you wanted to use. Which current cards I think at 2 gig maximum capacity?, an 8 slot memory card backpack could give a total capacity of 16 gigs if someone wanted to go to the expense of purchasing eight 2 gig cards. I think such a device would be easy and cheap to make. It could even be designed to use cheaper non duo cards like those card adapters that are available.

IndianCheese
November 22nd, 2005, 01:34
It is a good idea, but it would be kind of annoying holding it with that backpack on, and I really don't think anyone would want to own more than 3 mem stick duos. Also, here is an example of another HYPOTHETICAL problem:

I have 8 mem sticks that all have 3MB of space left. That adds up to 24MB left in the holder. But I want to put a song on that is 4MB. I can't split the MP3, and I have 24MB of space, and my other files are too big to move from card to card.

Also, people would have a hard time remembering where their files are.

Now these MP3's are in card 7, and half of this group of videos are on card 4 and the other half on card 2, and 3 of my gamesaves for GTA are on card one and 2 of them are on card 5...

It just wouldn't cut it for me.