PDA

View Full Version : PSP Revolution v0.1

DeNitro
November 18th, 2005, 12:03
Here it is, our first full relelase of PSP Revolution v0.1 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psprevolution.shtml)

PSP Revolution is based off the popular game Stepmania and is compatible
with Stepmania (.SM) and Dance With Intensity (.DWI) song files.
To install additional songs, copy them into pack folders in
"\psp\game\pspr\songs" just as you would in Stepmania

Devin923 and I have been working hard on this first release so we hope you guys like it =)

--DeNitro

duhh
November 18th, 2005, 12:43
i downloaded this as soon as it came out and its AWSOME!! :D
it freezes on some songs, but other than that this has got to be the best
homebrew game out. i hope you could please keep working and upgrading psp revolution until... it surpases stepmania!! :eek:

Nashxyzz
November 19th, 2005, 05:38
I'm getting the message "i regret to inform you file ms0:/psp/game/pspr/eboo./sounds/fail.wav failed with error file failed"

How do you fix it, i tried redling the whole zip and replacing the fail.wav file itself and still does it.

ArchAngel
November 19th, 2005, 06:30
Does anyone know how to create step patterns for songs for this game, if the feature is out?
Id like to learn how to do it so I can add some custom content to my website.

Nashxyzz
November 19th, 2005, 06:37
you can make .dwi and.sm thru the pc stepmania

Nashxyzz
November 19th, 2005, 08:06
I just downgraded to 1.5 and my error message disappeared. looks like the eboot load for 2.0 doesn't work with it

ArchAngel
November 19th, 2005, 08:15
I used some songs from Stepmania, but the game just freezes when I try to select them. Any suggestions?

Dangooner
November 19th, 2005, 09:12
looks like the eboot load for 2.0 doesn't work with it

I got it working ok, I just followed Fanjita's advice and renamed the file 'psprevol' and it works fine. Great little game and very addictive!

experz
November 20th, 2005, 18:30
wow this first release really exceeded my expectations. only thing i need now is a speed multiplier....stupid G2 kickin my ace. BTW omg ddr on the psp hurts my hands!!! i need that adapter that makes feel like a ps controller.

Zaibach333
November 20th, 2005, 18:44
very very good job

DeNitro
November 20th, 2005, 22:35
Thank you for the great comments everyone :)
If anyone is having trouble with it freezing on a perticular song, it may be a problem with the banner or background graphic. It seem to not like certain interlaced PNG files. You can either delete them, or open them in an image editor and resave them as a regular png to fix it. I think thats causing most of the freezing out there.

Thanks again for the great feedback =)

--DeNitro

Produkt
November 20th, 2005, 23:55
we need a graphics set for these songs, exclusively for the psp.

Bailey
November 21st, 2005, 09:39
Hi, have been using the most awesome psprev, great stuff guys. I liked it so much i felt compelled to make my own, using some heavy music. Used the dance monkey and converted an mp3 into the two step files, .sm and .dwi, the output audio is in .wav... I converted the wav file to an ogg vorbis but can't get it to play still, i have no graphics of any kind. So i d/led dance with intensity and open them up in that and they work fine. the wav and the ogg vorbis file.. Is there something i have to do for the psp version that i'm missing, please help and sorry for posting this in the wrong area if it is, i'm new to your forum.

edit sorry forgot to mention that when you get to the load song screen, i'm able to select between the 3 difficulty levels but it either doesn't load the song (at all) just acts like a dead link, or seizes the psp up.

Again apologies if this is in the wrong area, or where i might go to get some help, cheers.

DeNitro
November 21st, 2005, 10:00
At the moment, PSP Revolution only supports mp3 audio format, try converting the OGG to mp3 and trying again.

--DeNitro

Bailey
November 21st, 2005, 10:25
At the moment, PSP Revolution only supports mp3 audio format, try converting the OGG to mp3 and trying again.

--DeNitro

Oh, i'm an idiot lol :rolleyes:, somewhere along the lines i thought it only supported ogg. sorry and thank you so much for the speedy reply. Have been following you're progress with this for a little while now, and gotta say well done, easily the best homebrew i've played on my psp. Thanks alot dude.

edit, they now work, cheers, now they're just playing back like on fast forward, chipmonk style lol. Might be the trial version of ezcd convertor i'm using... Will try a few more and see. Anyway onto the graphics, this is great stuff.

ArchAngel
November 21st, 2005, 11:37
If anyone would like a custom .PNG banner or image file made for their song, just let me know. I dab a bit in Photoshop. I just request that you tell me the dimensions of your image.

Bailey
November 21st, 2005, 12:28
Now that i've got the songs sorted (killed the chipmonk mahfa) and it's all working, gonna see how i go with the graphics... Might be taking you up on that offer mate. :)

If we get enough psprev specific ones we should start a thread perhaps? Just thinking, cause i'm converting a shite load of songs at the mo, and even songs you wouldn't think would be any good are awesome, tho ramp by scooter is my personal fave so far... Awesome patterns lol, gotta lay of the 'Erbz methinks.

Oh, i make all my songs, 3, 5 and 8.

And i'm lovin that line in your sig about step mania Produkt lol. Again great stuff Devin923 and Denitro, keeping an eager eye on anything you guys might be doing next, this release is perfect. Perfect i tells ya, lol. :D

Mucho respect for the homebrewers.

Jdemon
November 21st, 2005, 12:57
Great work guys!!! (yes I finally cought on) The whole thing looks amazing, though I have to admit I'm not much of a DDR fan. Though I don't know the method, it looks like the sm files could be text edited also? Very nice job!!

Bailey
November 21st, 2005, 13:15
I thought so at first too, but there's a program out there that analyses the music, peaks, troughs, gaps etc, and sorts it out from there.. Tho if you do need to change the start of the song for whatever reason, it sarting off out of nowhere etc, you can change the first couple of lines in a text editor to all 0's, you're right edit lol, wrong name, jdemon, my bad.

I have a finished one, scooter - ramp (the logical song) with banner and background, but have no where to host it at...

OKay, hosting it right now at sharemation or something or rather lol, zipped file called scooter (imaginately enough :)) should be able to d/l it soon enough if you want to check it out. I had never used any of these dance dance before this afternoon, haven't even plaaye the arcade proper version, but this stuff is easy to do, making the songs that is, just goes to show how good psprev is imo...

okay all shared.
lmao, linkage migh help :rolleyes:
Link deleted, sharemation isn't even up at the moment, what a load of crap. :(

edit, just added a readme to it incase people don't know how to install it.

Sharemation blows, no bandwidth man! Anyone got somewhere to host PSPR songs?

duhh
November 22nd, 2005, 20:31
can we be expecting another psprev update anytime soon?
It would be great if it could play ogg, avi, ect.

Bailey
November 23rd, 2005, 01:57
Right then, found somewhere decent to host.

http://s6.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/a271f0dec64dc131/

experz
November 23rd, 2005, 04:37
are you guys having any problems with steps not syncing up with the music cause i do... but its weird cause sometimes i feel like its synced and then all of the sudden i feel its not. could this be lag?

Bailey
November 23rd, 2005, 10:26
I'm not sure, i use the Dancing Monkeys program to auto generate the steps, when it actually works (generating the file that is) it seems to work pretty well, haven't noticed any lag... D/l mine above and let me know if it's doing it too if you get a chance, cheers.

knownX
November 23rd, 2005, 13:31
yo some songs are off key by a few seconds

knownX
November 23rd, 2005, 13:31
can any body help me

Jdemon
November 23rd, 2005, 17:44
Bailey - I get to the download page but then it just sits there even though it says it's starting the download. I clicked one of the ads to see if that would help but it juat navigates away from the page...how big is your file btw?

knownX - You need to breath dude, people have lives. I'm sure someone will answer you. I'm not very familliar with this type of game or these songs so I can't tell if it's really lag or not.

Zaibach333
November 24th, 2005, 19:04
I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm a huge 'Pump it up' fan *it's more my thing*.

and I only have a collection of pump music for stepmania. do you think that a port with the piu skins and stuff will be released sometime with this homebrew?

I know controlling it wouldnt be as easy as ddr style but I'm up for it.

jing101
November 25th, 2005, 03:15
I need help. I don't know why, but when i convert the music file to .mp3 and place it in the folder, the playback on the game comes out as nothing but static and then exits out the game. Cn someone help me?

jing101
November 25th, 2005, 03:19
What program should I use to convert the .ogg to .mp3?

Bailey
November 25th, 2005, 05:42
Bailey - I get to the download page but then it just sits there even though it says it's starting the download. I clicked one of the ads to see if that would help but it juat navigates away from the page...how big is your file btw?

knownX - You need to breath dude, people have lives. I'm sure someone will answer you. I'm not very familliar with this type of game or these songs so I can't tell if it's really lag or not.

Hmm, works for me, you're clicking on the link on the top of this page? the file itself is @1.8mb, the song is only 1m40secs, couldn't get the program to work properly using the hacked/patched exe that allows you to use the whole file...

Yeah, i'm not sure what you mean by delay none of mine really delay, especially anything around a few seconds, i find it matches the music perfectly, hypnotic like., :bigshrugs: there might be a few steps "off" because of the program, but i find if anything it's just dancing monkey putting in a step that prolly shouldn't really be there, it seems fine to me.. been too busy with work and playing with my 2GB mem stick ;) to do any more with them at the mo. Sorry i can't help you other guys out, i'm sure someone would know.

For converting try http://www.poikosoft.com/download.html ezcd extractor, works fine for me.

Tho this is only 30 day trial, i'm sure there are free alternatives, just try using google and looking for audio convertors...

ThomasLeFevre
November 25th, 2005, 18:46
I got it working ok, I just followed Fanjita's advice and renamed the file 'psprevol' and it works fine. Great little game and very addictive!i cant find the PSPREVOL file,where is it?

Bailey
November 26th, 2005, 03:15
i cant find the PSPREVOL file,where is it?

I think perhaps he may have renamed the "PSPR" folder under games to "PSPREVOL" so that it would be recognised by fanijita's, if you got it working let us know, i only use 1.5... What with umdemulator etc (great fckn program that one!)
Cheers

Xtriko
November 27th, 2005, 21:39
I tried some "In The Groove" songs, but they didn't work because of the "Mines". I really don't remember of seeing "Freeze" Steps on PSP Revolution and Most Songs Played on Heavy, seem out of synch Ex. Max300 MaxX Unltd etc.
It would be SO NICE to have this working... Speed Mods!!! ;)

SimSon2k3
November 28th, 2005, 00:22
the game is great and it work on a PSP with FW 2.0
i have rename the folder from PSPR to PSPREVOL and use Eboot loader 8.5 to run the game.

thatboialex
November 30th, 2005, 03:15
this is my first time putting games on psp im on 2.0 I put in the game folder and it said it was corrupt

Gamer 807
December 13th, 2005, 20:40
this is my first time putting games on psp im on 2.0 I put in the game folder and it said it was corrupt

That only works for 1.0 and 1.5. You need to get the the 2.0 eboot loader 0.8.5 and run the game through that.

Loader v0.8.5 for 2.0 PSP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14199)

Enjoy

Gamer 807
December 13th, 2005, 20:47
I have a question.

I guess there are some songs that won't work right? All of the songs that I have downloaded I have place in songs folder. I go to choose them and nothing happens. The game just sits there at the song selection screen. Is is something I am doing or are they not campitble. If they are not, does anyone have a list or site, or even a way to tell if the are compatible or not before I put them on my memory card??

Thanks.

Oh, btw, this game is awesome and I am very addicted. Great work, really. Thank you.

DDRFREAK
January 2nd, 2006, 01:03
i got the file "PSPR_v0.1.rar" but i dont know where to drag it. I am currently using the psp software 2.6. does that affect installing the game? can anyone help me soon?

wraggster
January 2nd, 2006, 01:05
yeah it doesnt work on v2.6 psps

Tromedlov
January 2nd, 2006, 05:03
will this be dance pad compatible?

Sabe002
January 5th, 2006, 01:52
HOw do I add new songs? It says to pack them in folders or something like that. What does that mean?

matrix39
January 6th, 2006, 20:53
details on any updates?

3elevenX
January 8th, 2006, 07:48
Something makes me think teh project is dead, hasnt been a release since November :/

plonk420
January 11th, 2006, 06:42
well, i just wanted to say thanks! much enjoyed... now i can DDR away from my compy :) once i finish leeching all the latest DDR stepfiles, i'll try to torrent it and paste the link up here... ;)

matrix39
January 19th, 2006, 21:42
at least post the source.......or an update on any progress

bluetheone
January 24th, 2006, 12:17
yes pleace, post an update , is the project dead , hasnt been a release since November

matrix39
January 25th, 2006, 04:53
anyone get ahold of the source? :D

Kaiser
January 27th, 2006, 23:02
This project/homebrew/emulator what ever it is, has been unstickied. It has been unstickied because it is either an old release or has not seen an update in ages and is simply taking up space being stickied on the first page.

If the creator has a new update please post the new update in our submit news section or if you have already been granted the power post it directly in the PSP news section. Hell you can even post it in here and we'll re-sticky it because it will be considered an on-going/updated project.

Thanks

~PSP MODS

matrix39
January 30th, 2006, 12:50
man, i really want this source code, can anyone get ahold of Denitro ?

theblue
January 31st, 2006, 09:43
source code, what does it do?

Spikertk
March 19th, 2006, 08:57
I am trying to get it to work for eLoader on GTA, and hints on how to get it working on there?

archronos
March 21st, 2006, 02:41
so it works on 2.5 rite????
plus i change the PSPR to PSPREVOL ???

david12795
March 22nd, 2006, 18:36
i need help putting in the file i have eloader and gta and install it successfully now how do i put in the file?

archronos
March 25th, 2006, 18:21
i think u have to put it inside the game folder
but you have to change the name into somethign to make it work
pspr ---> PSPRevol

but this method doesn't work for me, and i'm still waiting for an answer

Lumir
April 17th, 2006, 21:31
Wow! This homebrew is awsome! Dose anyone have any songs/graphics/levels. This game is total fun. Please upload some. xD

I dont know when this came out or the status but if this topic was dead it needs to be revived this is simply amazing!

psp_twiz
April 24th, 2006, 23:41
Wow! This homebrew is awsome! Dose anyone have any songs/graphics/levels. This game is total fun. Please upload some. xD

I dont know when this came out or the status but if this topic was dead it needs to be revived this is simply amazing!
agreed, and i found these in the read-me file

Coding: DeNitro ([email protected])
Graphics: Devin923 ([email protected])
don't know if they work still but there ya go.

killakirby
April 26th, 2006, 08:16
^^ this is a great game. especially for those who have 2.01+... its pretty easy to put more songs in. you just have to find the right files (sm,dwi) They should get an update for it. It's a great idea, and a great game. hopefully support bwi (or sumthing like that) :D

E.J.
May 3rd, 2006, 00:29
Does somebody know what happened to DeNitro & Devin923?, is PSPRevolution still alive or the dropped the project?

It would be a shame, i think they did a great job, if they aren't going to develop PSPR anymore then they should release the sources, i would be one of the first to give a check to the code and see what can be done...

Andraik
May 3rd, 2006, 04:18
I love psprevolution when is the next update???

xinistri
June 22nd, 2006, 08:18

I have menu graphics that are vastly superior to the ones included and quite a few extra songs from my Stepmania stuff... but nowhere to upload la

Reficul
June 28th, 2006, 03:37
does anybody have any songs for this game (besides the ones that come with it)....

i figured it'd be cool to play some created songs!

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 04:45
does anybody have any songs for this game (besides the ones that come with it)....

i figured it'd be cool to play some created songs!
http://www.stepmania.com
they have large vast of songs to download

Reficul
June 28th, 2006, 07:31
http://www.stepmania.com
they have large vast of songs to download

NIIIICE....thanks bud! :)

johnny11358
August 10th, 2006, 21:38
umm im a noob here how do you make the MP3 songs into DWI files so that i could make my own thing in the game please help noob here

acn010
August 10th, 2006, 22:13
DWI is the steps for the songs, MP3 is the music

Yungblaqs
August 13th, 2006, 17:28
dis game is by far the best!! me and my wifey love to play dis game yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhh!!

kalhalla
September 20th, 2006, 05:07
Awesome, too bad its dead I would love to have noteskin / speed support.

gameo
September 20th, 2006, 18:06
hey guys, i'm very sorry for bringing back this old topic but i had to ask.

I just downgraded my psp from 2.71 to 1.5, because i really wanted to play PSPR.

Now when i put the folder in GAME as i should, then when im trying to play it, the icon disappeares!

Let me say it once more:

When i open GAME on my psp, the icon from pspr disappeares.

What do i have to do?

Miles_123
October 3rd, 2006, 16:28
hey guys, i'm very sorry for bringing back this old topic but i had to ask.

I just downgraded my psp from 2.71 to 1.5, because i really wanted to play PSPR.

Now when i put the folder in GAME as i should, then when im trying to play it, the icon disappeares!

Let me say it once more:

When i open GAME on my psp, the icon from pspr disappeares.

What do i have to do?

Well if your on 1.5 you could upgrade to 2.0 then do a downgrade back to 1.5, as that should solve problems.

OR

You could try to format your memory stick (SAVE YOUR SAVEDGAMES FILES)

I Really wish you could deactivate the FAIL like in step mania, I miss ussing my feet too, but thats asking too much lol!

//EDIT

try putting PSPR in a folder named PSPRevolution or pspr or something, I think it has to be in a named folder or that whas only with the Eloader?

kando
October 3rd, 2006, 17:18
should be:

psp/game/__SCE__PSPR
psp/game/%__SCE__PSPR

i've enclosed a zip of this release for your convience w/ proper working confirmed in 1.50, just extract to your memory stick root :)

however my release has no sample songs, go to the link a few posts above this one for the stepmania site.

jak66
October 4th, 2006, 07:17
try putting PSPR in a folder named PSPRevolution or pspr or something, I think it has to be in a named folder or that whas only with the Eloader?
that was only for eloader (has to be in PSPRevol folder)

whynotuse version 0.2 rather than this one anyway?

nebunebu
October 9th, 2006, 02:13
what do you guys mean re-name the file psprevol? I cant get ot to work.....! and I want to play this games so bad!!

DeNitro
October 9th, 2006, 02:23
I definitely recommend trying version 0.2 over this one. It has many bug fixes. It includes different songs so if you'd like to try the songs that came with the first one you can just copy them into the 0.2 songs folder =)

Here's a link to PSP Revolution 0.2 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28210), the DL should be at the bottom of the first post :)

If your still having trouble I can give ya more detailed installation instructions.

Thanks for trying it out,

--DeNitro

Vibestar
October 10th, 2006, 10:24
DeNitro were can I put my themes for this great piece of homebrew.
I think you like this theme to. Maybe you can make it the default ;)

DeNitro
October 10th, 2006, 17:17
You can try attaching them to a post here, or if you like you can E-mail them over to me ([email protected]). I look forward to checking them out :)

I was actually thinking of hosting a theme design contest for the upcomming 0.3 release, where the winner's theme would be included in the relelase. I've expanded on the theme support and I thought it might be a fun idea.

--DeNitro

jpui
March 23rd, 2008, 18:12
Is there an updated version of this?? I have 3.90 M33-2.

And the 0.2 does not work on it.