PDA

View Full Version : M3 DS Real or R4DS?

teddyplanet
August 25th, 2008, 19:38
I can't decide between the two...I'm thinking I would like to play GBA games, but is the M3 DS Real fully compatible with the DS games? Also I've read on one site that one con is that the GBA Expansion drains battery life faster (apparently only an hour of battery life with full charge)??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DanTheManMS
August 25th, 2008, 23:05
Of those two, the M3 Real would be the better choice. I would not recommend an R4 to anyone nowadays, not because it's a bad cart but simply because every other cart out there nowadays offers more features, most importantly the ability to use cards larger than 2 GB. Furthermore, compatibility is declining since the team no longer releases updates.

The M3 Real would be a better choice, but have you considered other options as well? Many people choose to get a slot-1 device like the CycloDS Evolution in combination with the slot-2 EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack for their GBA needs.

teddyplanet
August 25th, 2008, 23:44
Of those two, the M3 Real would be the better choice. I would not recommend an R4 to anyone nowadays, not because it's a bad cart but simply because every other cart out there nowadays offers more features, most importantly the ability to use cards larger than 2 GB. Furthermore, compatibility is declining since the team no longer releases updates.

The M3 Real would be a better choice, but have you considered other options as well? Many people choose to get a slot-1 device like the CycloDS Evolution in combination with the slot-2 EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack for their GBA needs.

The team have officially disbanded? Everywhere I've seen so far just says it's a rumor, though?

I've just read a review on the CycloDS Evolution, however, and it seems very promising, especially with the DS games compatibility, so now I'll look for a Spanish online retailer that sells both the CycloDS Evolution and the EZ-V 3in1 pack.
Thanks for making me realize not to ignore the CycloDS. ;P