PDA

View Full Version : Version Changer and GTA

danrowland
November 20th, 2005, 12:46
Hi all,

I have had a look round and haven't found the answer to this so i hope you don't mind me asking:

I have version 1.5, and the version changer utility, which i can use to change it (kid it into thinking it is) to version 2.00.

If i leave it as version 1.5, when i run GTA it tells me i need to upgrade, which is fine.

Then i use the Version Changer to change it to version 2.00, and when running GTA it says "The game could not be started (FFFFFED3)"

I assume that i could fix this by upgrading to proper version 2.00 but i really don't want to do this.

Please let me know what you think! Maybe there is a newer version of Version Changer that does a better job of kidding it that it is version 2.

Thanks!!

Dan

danrowland
November 20th, 2005, 15:06
Just incase any of you have having the same problem - i have found out that GTA needs various codecs that are included with the v2 update. This means that you have to have proper version 2, rather than just kidding the system. Rubbish. I don't suppose anyone has written a UMD emulator so you can run ISOs for version 2 have they?

Cheers!

*o*
November 20th, 2005, 20:37
no. there is no way to run gta on 1.5

SoQb0nc5r
November 20th, 2005, 21:10
games like socom which require 2.00 do start in the umd loader, but it gets stuck on loading

Jdemon
November 20th, 2005, 23:36
Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13003) is a post where I asked just about the same question. And it's only gonna get worse from here on in. Alot of hackers have moved on to the 360 already, and Sony will continue to keep tightening up their Firmware and adding Forced Upgrades for newer released games.

Produkt
November 20th, 2005, 23:57
If they figure it out for socom, I wont need any new games :D

danrowland
November 24th, 2005, 17:14
Thanks for all your responses - this is just what i suspected :|

Cheers again..