PDA

View Full Version : Despertar del Cementerio v7 - The Region Code is Not Correct

spaghettihoop5
August 27th, 2008, 00:12
Hi All,

I'm really struggling with this and I would really appriciate some help!

I've been messing about with my PSP and somehow I think I've managed to wipe the IDStorage. I think I have done this because I cannot start applications as I get the error message "The game cannot be started. The region code is not correct" Plus I can no longer see my MAC address...

So after some research on the net, I discovered that Despertar del Cementerio v7 can regenerate the IDStorage. Though how can I do this when I can't even start the application with the region wiped/corrupted?

I tried booting into recovery mode (Pressing R and holding the power button) and tried setting Fake Region and Free UMD Region in the configuration menu, but this didn't help.

Also, I don't have a NAND backup... which doesn't help much....

Has anyone got any idea's on how to run DC7 up so I can regenerate my IDStorage?

Thanks a bunch!

JLF65
August 27th, 2008, 00:51
DC runs off the Magic Memstick with a Pandora Battery. Read the instructions that come with DCv7, or find one of the MANY threads on it and read up about it before doing anything.

spaghettihoop5
August 27th, 2008, 01:18
I've read and followed the instructions to DCv7. I copied the 401.pbp to the root of the MS and the folder DC7 to PSP/GAME, inserted my pandora battery and held down L, but it does not boot from the MS. Is there a step I'm missing?!

Is the IDStorage generation option come up when you boot from the pandora? I've seen screen shots and it looks like it's done from the XMB. That's why I've been trying to start it from the menu.

P.s. I've only had this psp slim for about a month and I've just started learning about them...

spaghettihoop5
August 27th, 2008, 01:33
I think a part of the problem that I'm having is that I can't actually create the magic memory stick because I need to run DCv7 on the PSP. But I can't because of the region corruption.

spaghettihoop5
August 27th, 2008, 02:26
I think I've solved my problem thanks all!

Just to let people know, I used a fantastic program called PSP Pandora Deluxe v1.1 that creates the magic memory stick without you needing the PSP. (I just used a card reader instead). It also had DCv7 on it that allowed me to fix my IDstorage when I booted it up with the pandora battery.

Awesome!

DonciscO564
November 12th, 2008, 21:46
I think I've solved my problem thanks all!

Just to let people know, I used a fantastic program called PSP Pandora Deluxe v1.1 that creates the magic memory stick without you needing the PSP. (I just used a card reader instead). It also had DCv7 on it that allowed me to fix my IDstorage when I booted it up with the pandora battery.

Awesome!
Hi, spaghettihoop5 mate can you please help me with this I have the same problem while trying to unbrick my sister's psp. I need your help on this if you can please e-mail me it would be highly appreciated [email protected]