PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles on video

MysticF
November 23rd, 2005, 02:05
I wasn't sure where to put this but most questions seemed to be asked in this forum.

Is there any video player for the PSP that supports soft-subtitles (like .srt, .ssa etc.), I've had a look around and couldn't find any.

If not does anyone know of a program (or combination of programs) that can convert a soft-subbed .mkv or .ogm file into a hard-subbed .avi file? Or even add the soft-subtitles into the video stream of the avi file making them hard-subtitles?

bill00000
November 23rd, 2005, 14:32
Try to find VirtualDubMod. I don't have an MKV file handy, but I'm pretty sure it will do the trick.

Edit: That is for adding the subs into the video stream. Also TMPGENC might do it, but I think you might have to convert the mkv to an AVI or MPG first.

MysticF
November 23rd, 2005, 14:54
VirtualDubMod doesn't let you re-encode the file with hard-subtitles it keeps them as soft subtitles.

I tried TMPGENC I can't find any option in it to do that.

If only I wanted to do this with DVDs as the source, that I can do. :(

Jdemon
November 23rd, 2005, 19:51
You can definitely find all you need here: http://www.videohelp.com/

I'm pretty sure you can use VirtualDub to add Subtitles to your AVI but I think you need a little conversion program like TextSub or VobSub. I've only needed to do things with subtitles once or twice so I'm too not familiar with the many types of "sub" files. But check "Videohelp" they are amazing.

MysticF
November 24th, 2005, 03:18
Found a couple of guides there I can try out. Thanks a lot :)

Looks like you need VirtualDubMod and VobSub.

EDIT: Got it working but after all that the subtitles in my MKV files are messed up. :mad:

Oh well maybe next time.