PDA

View Full Version : Writing on the Touch Screen

Fiery Phoenix
August 27th, 2008, 18:37
Simple question - do I need a new DS?

Not a problem with the caliberation, most of the touch screen games work.

However when it comes to dragging stuff or writing - thats where the problem starts.

For example on Brain Training I can not write any words or numbers - massive gaps appear - making everything pretty much ineligable.

If I scribble the screen in - the top part does it ok - but as I go down - only bits appear. I would have to press down REALLY hard for it anything to appear.

Shrygue
August 27th, 2008, 20:28
You probably will need a new Nintendo DS console, unless you want to open it up and and just replace the touch screen with a new one. I have a very similar problem where the middle of my original model DS would not accurately to styls taps in the middle section but fine everywhere else.

Fiery Phoenix
August 28th, 2008, 00:30
Are the replacement touch screens they sell on ebay ok?

Shrygue
August 28th, 2008, 00:39
I'm not sure for I haven't yet done down that route of repairing consoles myself. I assume most will be fine on the draw. There are other sites that sell spare parts for games consoles, google them. It may just be eaiser to get a whole new unit though, less hassle that way but that's only if you have money spare for another DS.

trugamer
August 28th, 2008, 01:30
Yeh from personal experience get a new ds. You can open it up but it is very fiddly, and I broke mine that way.

Or you can get a professional to repair it (Nintendo themselves will probably be pricey but would preserve warranty etc)