PDA

View Full Version : Which SLOT-1 Card??

Tyrrell
August 29th, 2008, 09:34
Hey all, I'm a homebrew enabled PSP user. My girlfriend owns a DS Lite and likes how my PSP has all my old school games that I play.

My question is after searching the net for some time which SLOT-1 card to go for? I've read up on DSTT, R4, N5, M3 and EDGE.... but its hard to see which one is "the best"

I'm looking at an 8GB SDHC card so it will need to have the ability to support it. It's a big card but I know she'll want movies etc later on so I want to be prepared.

I guess everyone will have their own person choice and preferences but it'd be nice to see what they are.

Cheers

fonzi_11
August 30th, 2008, 13:13
Not all support cards over 2GB,so forget the R4,old and no longer supported as far as I know.
M3Real is still OK for the price I believe.But if want the best and are prepared to spend a little more Id recommend the cycloDS Evolution.

Im running a 8GB MicroSD SDHC through the cyclo just fine.No rom patching neccessary,just drag/drop and play.

Home page of the cyclo and info on it here:

http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=products-cyclodsevolution

Cant speak for the Edge and others but here some of those as good too.

jxx2005
August 31st, 2008, 14:47
my cousin has an R4 HC (high capacity R4 that supports more sizes) and he likes it

eSPy
October 7th, 2008, 02:02
hey all. first post here at DSemu.

ive got an Egde for my DS and it works great. its pretty much the same as a cyclo from what i hear but i think it might be less expensive. as for SDHC, it says it supports up to 32GB (though ive never seen a card that big before...and you probably wouldnt need one) im using a 4GB currently and it works no problem.

i got mine on dealextreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919

Another World
October 8th, 2008, 07:36
i'm beta testing for the AKAIO firmware on the acekards. i love AKAIO over any firmware i have used (i own 7 flash kits, 1 is an 8yr old GBA kit). you can pick up the newly designed acekard2 with the lower power consuming black pcb for under $13. the acekard 2 (2.1) supports regular msd and sdhc cards.

honestly you won't regret it.

-another world

godsdead
October 24th, 2008, 17:58
I havent recived mine though the post, but after ages of researching i decided on the suercard one sdhc over the R4, from reviews, an email from store seller and a mate that has one!
=]
plus i got it dirt cheap off of amazon with a 2gb mini sd card, at like £25 inc p&p!!!!! amazin, just waiting for it to come through now... so impatient!

xecon
November 18th, 2008, 05:31
CycloDS. Its updated regularly, HUGE compatibility for backing up your commercial games, plays most of them perfectly. If it doesn't, it will soon with the updates. Of course, watching movies the moonshell works fine with that stuff too.
Also, its simple, almost no setup (only moonshell is needed, and its only a drag/drop, available from CycloDS' site, already prepared). Perfect for your gilrfriend (not saying that girls can't do homebrew... but everyone likes easy, right?), plus it supports up to 32gb microSD/HC (theoretically--doesn't exist for consumer market yet ;P)

SifJar
November 30th, 2008, 13:18
I'd recommend DSTT. It's $6.83 on Deal Extreme atm, and supports sdhc. R4 SDHC is a fake btw.
Here's the link for DSTT on deal exetreme:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613

Faster7
December 1st, 2008, 22:50
R4 SDHC is a fake btw.

How so? I'm new as well, and have ordered an R4 SDHC and also the DSTT today.

SifJar
December 2nd, 2008, 17:26
How so? I'm new as well, and have ordered an R4 SDHC and also the DSTT today.

the official R4 team only made the R4, not the R4 SDHC or the R4 VIII as it is sometimes called, and using official R4 firmware will break them

CrYpt3d
December 6th, 2008, 15:42
i can recommend the acekard 2.1, it has a low price and 100% compatibility (every game and homebrew i tested works! (about 35!) and the most beautiful interface :thumbup:

b_simpson1999
December 6th, 2008, 17:48
the ndstt I think only support up to 4gb as I got 1 of those, so if you want 8gb i wouldnt go for that. It great but most sd slot-1 cards means having less power compared to having build in memory but I dont think I know any with 8gb in build in memory slot-1 card but I might be mistaken on that as I already have a slot-1 card

dragon493
December 6th, 2008, 21:28
I suggest CycloDS if you're willing to pay the extra money

carlitx
December 6th, 2008, 22:54
N-Card, it's simple and very easy to use. (it's not an adapter for a micro sd either, it comes with its own flash memory)