PDA

View Full Version : Sega Genesis Emulation?

khyron
November 25th, 2005, 04:10
I have gotten NES and SNES active. Slow, of course, but at least it loads. I'm running v1.50 on my PSP.

I'd love to try to play my all-time favorite series, Shining Force, on my PSP, so I attempted to grab a genesis emulator, but I seem to be running into issues everywhere I turn.

I tried PSP Genesis first. I loaded it using Kexploit 0.3, but when I start it, the screen doesn't load. It's half black, the other half has lines through it.

I tried DGen second. I tried loading the EBOOT.PBP from the DGEN____________ folder, and it wouldn't recognise it in kexploit, when I load the other EBOOT.PSP, the one in DGEN___%1, it loads a 0kb file into the GAME\Genesis folder and won't run.

What am I doing wrong?

xuphorz
November 25th, 2005, 04:50
if there are two folders, one % the other not, then it's already pre-150 ready
just copy the 2 folders to your psp game folder

jwilds73
November 25th, 2005, 12:43
I use Sei PSP Tool also (google it) it's similar to Kxploit but better though it wont work with some eboots that Kxploit will. PSPGen and DGen should both work fine on a 1.5psp I have ran both. Make sure you put any "required" files not installed by Kxploit or Sei PSP Tool in the folder without the %. Or as stated above you can drag and drop them into your psp/game folder. Sei PSP Tool also you to embed a Background and Icon file into your Eboot file along with sound. So that when you scroll over the game systems icon it brings up the background and plays the audo file. It's a really nice customization feature along with the other things Sei PSP Tools does. Such as list reorganization (organize the order your eboots appear in) and hiding your corrupt data icons only doesn't work with a few EMU's (IE: the emu wont be able to find its rom files if its hidden) again only a few I've noticed.

slik da relic
November 25th, 2005, 20:54
Bloodsack's premade emulators (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8972&page=1)

just take those. prepackaged and ready to go. learn later.

da relic

KuZu
November 28th, 2005, 08:37
i have some bad news for ppl playing Shining Force with PSPGenesis.

the emulator has a glitch which makes the game unplayable after Chapter 6, after battle 19.

*currently using PSPGenesis v0.18c* it has a major flaw, which confuses the button recognition in some instances. one of these such instances, is when u talk to Krin after defeating Kane.

when u talk to her, she asks if u have the manual. pressing the 'no' response does the same as pressing 'yes'. she always says 'so where is it?' this puts u in a constant cycle which u cant get out of.

this obviously frustrated me as it will many other ppl. ive found other cases of ppl running into this same problem, so its not just an isolated incident.

BE WARNED: DO NOT USE PSPGENESIS FOR SHINING FORCE unless u are content to have the game locked and unplayable at 2/3 through.