PDA

View Full Version : Quake for PSP not working

[Sephiroth]
November 25th, 2005, 05:31
Hi guys,
Just need some help getting quake working for my PSP.
I initially had firmware 2.0, but downgraded to 1.50 with PSPSet.
Have had no trouble running any other homebrew apps at all.
I install Quake PSP with SeiPSPTool, setting the folder name as QUAKE-PSP and exporting it as 1.50 firmware, and hiding corrupted icons.
It is on my list of apps under memoryh stick.
I have even used the pak0.pak from my original Quake Cd, but to no avail - when I start it, the screen goes black, and the memory stick light comes on and stays on (ie not even flashing, just staying on solid) for about 15 seconds, then my PSP powers off.

Somewhat puzzled and vexed I can't play Quake on my PSP, especially after wasting so many hours playing Doom and Doom 2 on Lantus' most excellen t Doom emulator.......

Any help would be muchly appreciated guys.

Thanks!

Fanjita
November 25th, 2005, 18:02
Probably the corrupt-icon hiding is breaking it.

Quake-PSP is very sensitive to the foldername that it is installed in, but the corrupt-hiding technique changes the foldername...

Try just using a kxploit-ed version, or a vanilla v1.5 version if that's in the package already.

[Sephiroth]
November 25th, 2005, 23:41
Thanks Fanjita, I will give it a try.......

Emo_ninja404
December 20th, 2005, 22:04
where do u ge a psp downgrade? a free one? I NEED ONE TO DOWNGRADE FROM 2.6 TO 1.5!

alexanr
January 6th, 2006, 17:27
Help Please! Thanks to all the programmers giving their time to make these games work on our PSP's. I have tried the homebrew version and I have used Kxploit and I have tried many versions of Quake (0.3 and 0.4) and I still get the black screen after selecting Single (or Multi) player. Can someone help me with this? Doom and other games (like Tetris) work fine. Thanks

.:PSP1.0:.
January 8th, 2006, 06:09
where do u ge a psp downgrade? a free one? I NEED ONE TO DOWNGRADE FROM 2.6 TO 1.5!

Mate you CAN'T downgrade from 2.6 firmware.. Maybe later down the track but not right now.. BTW.. Welcome to DCEmu :)

alexanr
January 9th, 2006, 17:06
All,

Nevermind, I found a version of Quake ported by Peter Mackay (http://**********.*******/2006/01/new-quake-port-for-psp.html)that works for me (v1.5). It works like a charm and has sound.