PDA

View Full Version : Selfboot Problems

linkmaster03
November 26th, 2005, 01:42
When I select the Beats Of Rage folder with no readme or source in it, but 1st read.bin and ip.bin are in there, it comes up with an error:

Tools/mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - C:/Documents

THats exactly what it said. Can someone help me? Thanks.

M Dash
November 28th, 2005, 21:16
ok, first off: the readme or source files don't affect the game! they are simply files! the Dreamcast only reads the 1st_read.bin, ip.bin (for boot up) and the files needed for the game to work. The game doesn't need the source files.

That error it's not from the game, but it's because you aren't using the command window properly. first off: MS-DOS generally only supports up to 8 characters without spaces, so the folder in windows is "Documents And Settings" and in MS-DOS is only "Documents".

Then again: be shure that u typed the correct address of the program, and that u didn't typed the folder name wrong. i'm not reffering to the mkisofs.exe folder but at the BoR folder.

try to put the BoR files in a directory like: C:\BoR and try to make the ISO through that directory.

do not forget also to speciffy the needed options and command lines at the mkisofs.exe program. or else, the program won't work or will create a corrupted image file. i'm specially refering to the sector blocks. if you make an ISO addressed to sectors that are already occupied, the ISO will be corrupted.

Do not forget also that BoR needs more than the 1st_read.bin and ip.bin to work! the game needs the .PAK file too. the .PAK file contains all the files needed for the game to work.

curt_grymala
November 29th, 2005, 18:36
That error it's not from the game

On that, you are correct. However, from there on out, you're slightly misinformed.

but it's because you aren't using the command window properly. first off: MS-DOS generally only supports up to 8 characters without spaces, so the folder in windows is "Documents And Settings" and in MS-DOS is only "Documents".

I am assuming that linkmaster03 is using Selfboot to create the disc. Selfboot does not allow you to use folders that have spaces in their directory path. Therefore, if you place your BOR folder in C:\Documents and Settings\BOR\, Selfboot will only read as far as C:\Documents. If you were to place your BOR folder in C:\BeatsOfRage\MyDirectory\Beats Of Rage\ then Selfboot would read as far as C:\BeatsOfRage\MyDirectory\Beats and then stop.

You can either move the folder into a path that has no spaces, or you can use BootDreams to try to selfboot the disc. Either way should work just fine for you.

M Dash
December 5th, 2005, 23:08
that's exactly what i was saying... in other words.. lol... sometimes i have serious problems in expressing myself!