PDA

View Full Version : PSP with 50gb!?

mr_snake3rd
November 26th, 2005, 11:40
PSP with 50GB hard drive in 2006?!

Filed under PSP on Feb 25, 2005
Joystiq is reporting that Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan Securities, speaking at the “Positioning for Profitability in the Video Game Economy” conference yesterday, said "he had heard that Sony is working on a flavor of the PSP that includes an internal, 50-gigabyte hard drive." "A prototype of the new portable might by out by year-end, but mass production of the new device probably would not happen until next year, he said." If this rumor would turn out to be true, it would make the PSP an even bigger player in the mobile multimedia scene, and a true threat to the iPod.

mr_snake3rd :cool:

THE_JUDGE
November 26th, 2005, 19:32
50 gig. If its true, cooooooooool! But probaly expensif to.

PSPdemon
November 27th, 2005, 01:54
yeah...true, but what i would like to know is if it will be able ot play homebrew.... ( probably not since its going to have 2.5 or higher....but still a dream, a hope, a prayer to god that it will be able to play homebrew!!!!! )

Festizzio
November 27th, 2005, 20:58
This sounds like an awful idea. Unless they released the 50GB thingy separately, so I could install it on my PSP. That would be cool! :D

mr_snake3rd
November 29th, 2005, 19:54
The reason is sony want to beat the video i-pod as it has a 60 gb harddrive or sumthin mrsnake_3rd :cool:

bobnickelson
December 1st, 2005, 22:59
I think this was addressed a couple of months ago, and Michael Pachter, was quoted wrong. What he actually said was if sony made a 50 gb hard drive for the psp it would be considered the ipod killer...

Moning2
December 6th, 2005, 21:34
hahaha if you actually believe this shit you need a mental doctor

Hevyduty
December 8th, 2005, 18:55
It's this kind of thing that makes me think I need to give up on Sony and the PSP entirely. Sony should be concentrating on beating Nintendo, not the Ipod Video. Who gives a rat's ass about the Ipod video?

I feel like I got the ol' bait-and-switch from Sony. I thought I was buying a game machine. Sony apparently decided it's not actually a game machine, but a movie player. Sorry, but if that's what I wanted, I'd have spent half the money to get a portable DVD player with a much larger screen.

If the PSP ultimatley fails (and I pray it doesn't since I own two of them), it won't be because the DS was cheaper. It won't be because the DS was better. It'll be because Sony couldn't decide if the PSP was a media player or a game system. I wanted a game system that also plays media (with the media feature being a very distant second in my decision to buy one). Sony, on the other hand, seems to be focusing far too much on the media functions, and not enough on gaming. And that's what's killing it.

Gazmec
February 26th, 2006, 20:28
This what I dont understand datal have come up with a 4 gb hard drive that go on the back of your psp. It uses a connecter that look like a memory stick. There is alot of small hard drive out there so if datal has come out with this speical connector why can we not have a cable that can fit to a normal portable hard drive so it can fitted to the psp the sam way as the datal 4gb. Or come out with a hard drive that can use it own power and not the power of the psp.

Gaz
Gaz

Forever~Zero
February 27th, 2006, 02:39
This what I dont understand datal have come up with a 4 gb hard drive that go on the back of your psp. It uses a connecter that look like a memory stick. There is alot of small hard drive out there so if datal has come out with this speical connector why can we not have a cable that can fit to a normal portable hard drive so it can fitted to the psp the sam way as the datal 4gb. Or come out with a hard drive that can use it own power and not the power of the psp.

Gaz
Gaz

I like this idea actually.

michael chan
February 27th, 2006, 05:14
maybe someone is gonna hack the firmware so u can play homebrew

benh
April 5th, 2006, 20:12
this was found to be not true

volcomiso
April 5th, 2006, 23:54
Plus that would be pointless if they had a psp with a 50gb hardrive if you couldn't put homebrews, I mean who is going to save 50 gb's worth of music or movies when you can buy a video ipod for probably for half the price of what the greedy whores at sony would sell a "50 GB" psp.

stotheamuel
April 6th, 2006, 00:07
Thats Not Allowed!