PDA

View Full Version : quick question from noob

rub5670
November 26th, 2005, 22:21
i already upgraded to 2.0 and was about to downgrade to 1.5 when my computer detected a virus (Trojan.PSPBrick) on the downgrader. is that virus meant to be there or should i not downgrade. can someone help me out. im really confused

1Day666
November 26th, 2005, 22:38
Ive heard that you can down grade and that there is a virus in it and that you ignore it BUT Im new to all this so wait til someone confirms it b4 you try just in case. I also heard that once you down grade you can still play games for v2.0 as PSP still remembers it was v2.o BUT AGAIN cant confirm this as am too chicken to try it LOL...

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2005, 00:35
OK... first of it is techinically a trojan. It uses a TIFF exploit that could be concidered a trojan by some software... BUT with a name like pspbrick I wouldnt use it XD. You can trust www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk to get the downgrader. REMEMBER that you will most likely see somthing with your virus scanner.. but that is just normal because the TIFF exploit was originally used for bad stuff WAY BEFORE THE PSP. This is one of the times its a good thing. HOPE THIS HELPS!

rub5670
November 27th, 2005, 10:53
thanks for the help 1timeuser

rub5670
November 27th, 2005, 11:04
well the mph downgrader i got from www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk also has the TrojanPSPBrick . . any suggestions?

omniosiris
November 27th, 2005, 19:36
then its just part of the program, don't worry it won't hurt your PSP