PDA

View Full Version : help needed!

gramtheman1
August 30th, 2008, 12:14
hi

i just bought a knew psp and at first it didnt work, and i relised i didnt have a memory card so i bought one and it still wont work. The problem is that the psp is not responding to the game i put in. I just wondered if any one knew what the problem was?

Wally
August 30th, 2008, 13:09
If you just bought it and it doesn't work, take it back and get another!

Wally

gramtheman1
August 30th, 2008, 13:11
If you just bought it and it doesn't work, take it back and get another!

Wally

I bought it online!

NOB!

Wally
August 31st, 2008, 01:58
I bought it online!

NOB!

Pfft, you don't know who you are messing with here.

You didn't state the fact that you bought it online, just tell them its not working or link to the ebay auction, you probably didn't read it correctly.

You'll need to obtain an Pandora Battery, memory stick with pandora stuff on it before you can do anything with this PSP.

You're the NOB! Infact i'll say it properly, you're the noob!

Wally

darkriku2000
August 31st, 2008, 05:06
Pfft, you don't know who you are messing with here.

You didn't state the fact that you bought it online, just tell them its not working or link to the ebay auction, you probably didn't read it correctly.

You'll need to obtain an Pandora Battery, memory stick with pandora stuff on it before you can do anything with this PSP.

You're the NOB! Infact i'll say it properly, you're the noob!

Wally

BURNED!

Seriously who does this guy think he is calling somebody trying to help him a n00b, yeah dude, it's your fault, if you bought it online then you probably didn't read everything

If the people said that it needed repairs in the article, then guess what... IT NEEDS REPAIRS

If they stated that it was brand new or that it works perfectly or something like that, then you can sue them, in which case they'd probably have to give you a working psp or a refund +some extra money

If they didn't say anything about the condition it was in, then I'm not sure what you can do there

On a side note:
There's no "K" in new, at least not in the sense that you where using it, you where using it as in something not old, "knew" however means that you've had prior knowledge of something, I normally wouldn't bring this up, but you kind of ticked me off:p

robbytherob
August 31st, 2008, 05:22
Lesson learnt...but you didnt say where you got it really...we can only guess at ebay.............

gramtheman1
August 31st, 2008, 15:37
Lesson learnt...but you didnt say where you got it really...we can only guess at ebay.............

Actually i bought it of the official gamestation website, I wouldnt buy it off ebay, too risky!

oh and bloody hell aint it funny how all you geekey members stick up for each other lol:rofl:

Runefox
August 31st, 2008, 22:32
Yeesh, good luck getting someone to help you now. Throw away your brick and RTFM a little. A PSP works fine without a memory stick - This should have been tip #1 that something's wrong. Go buy one from a retail store. If it still doesn't work, you're doing it wrong.

cal360
August 31st, 2008, 22:54
gramtheman1 if that's how you want to talk to people and expect help then please go elsewhere. Wally is more than just a member here if you were to read. I was going to give you some advice but now after your performance I will not.

p1220drs
August 31st, 2008, 23:17
hi

i just bought a knew psp and at first it didnt work, and i relised i didnt have a memory card so i bought one and it still wont work. The problem is that the psp is not responding to the game i put in. I just wondered if any one knew what the problem was?

I doubt he'll come back after being burned but...

If your PSP is bricked you can unbrick it by following The MMSX Guide in my sig, it'll install CFW 4.01 M33-2 and a lot of additional apps, too.

If its not bricked and just a POS then you're pretty much out of luck...

bah
September 1st, 2008, 04:52
gramtheman1:

Does the psp turn on? Can you browse the menu, etc?
Is it just games that will not load or does it not turn on at all?

If it turns on and you can use the menu, can you copy files to the memory stick (music/images/game demos) and do they play?

Is the game you are tying to play on a UMD disc? Do you have more than 1 disc you can try?
If so, do any of them work?
When you put a UMD in and browse to the UMD spot on the 'Game' menu, does anything come up like a logo for the game? Can you hear the disc spinning if you hold the PSP to your ear?

If you bought the thing new and it either does not turn on or will not play games (have someone you know with a PSP look at it as they will know for sure if its not working right), then contact the place you bought it for an exchange or refund.

Being short and calling people nobs isnt a great way to encourage them to answer your questions btw.

p1220drs
September 1st, 2008, 05:13
Ya know...

I dont really think he was callin' him a noob, I think it was a typo. He was probally trying to say NIB! New In Box!

And he may have been refering to .iso, .cso, or eboot games. If thats the case then he needs CFW.

But, he might just be a jerk, too...