PDA

View Full Version : Have an unmodded wii [PAL] and want to play No More Heroes without using Freeloader..

The Lillster
August 30th, 2008, 15:32
I'm sure many of you have changed your region code, tried to boot No More Heroes [USA] and just ended up with a black screen?

Well there are (2) solutions to this problem.

The first solution is to modify an iso of the game and then use the trucha signer to make it work on the wii. But that's not very useful if you don't have a mod-chip since you can't boot CD/DVD-R's.

Now the second solution is a lot more easy and simple.

All you need to do is download a homebrew app called starfall ver. 0.5 and install the various region free hacks using the starfall app.

Next download an app called Ocarina it's an action replay/ gameshark type of app. Now it doesn't matter if you don't have any codes for the game you want to boot i.e No More Heroes.

Once you've loaded the Ocarina app just put in the game you want to play i.e No More Heroes [USA] and it should boot with no black screen.

If there is another solution for no-mod-chip PAL wii owners.

Except for Freeloader.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

Fatman541
September 29th, 2008, 17:54
well theres also geckOS region free. I've seen some people using it on youtube. Its a homebrew app that can be loaded from the homebrew channel on an sd card or installed as a channel using the twilight hack. Google it and im sure you'll be able to find the download and instructions. Also geckOS works with 3.3 unlike the freeloader. I've seen videos to prove it works on 3.3 although I haven't done it myself. I use freeloader for now on 3.2 b/c its easier, but i know i'll eventually have to update to 3.3 or higher, so then i might try out geckOS myself.

sean.aaron
September 29th, 2008, 18:23
GeckoOS has the added advantage of not making changes to the firmware unlike Starfall, so little to no chance of bricking your Wii...

The Lillster
October 10th, 2008, 15:51
I havn't tried GeckoOS.

But when i've tried other methods (except for freeloader) my tv would only play it in 480i even though it can support 480p.

sean.aaron
October 10th, 2008, 16:04
I havn't tried GeckoOS.

But when i've tried other methods (except for freeloader) my tv would only play it in 480i even though it can support 480p.

I've run Wii Shanghai, which is a Japanese (NTSC) game on my PAL Wii. It does it flawlessly; without tweaking the settings -- other than turing off Ocarina -- which is some kind of cheat function that I think requires the USB Gecko hardware to use -- and turning on Region Free in the Rebooter options menu.

Use the B button to launch the rebooter, then insert the game disc after the system restart and you're good to go.

You may need to reset the system again before using other Wii applications to clear out the RAM settings made, but there's no lasting change to the machine.

For import Gamecube games I recommend AnyRegionChanger, as GeckoOS and MenuLoader aren't 100% compatible, but I wouldn't touch any setting bar the Game Region setting and the Video Mode setting as this one makes changes to the system.txt file and corruption of that WILL brick your Wii.