hey if i bought a compactflash card and uploaded the moonshell app on it,
could i play mp3s on my ds

thaive
November 28th, 2005, 02:13
i believe so - as i don't have it yet i can't really help - sorry

sasmith17
November 28th, 2005, 02:16
thsnkd for the thought though

can anyone out there help i dont want to, have to by all that neoflash and M3 stuff, just somthing simple :)

thaive
November 28th, 2005, 06:26
do you have anything for that CF card to plug into? like the m3 or supercard? - if u don't have some sort of device then there is no way to run the moonshell

sasmith17
November 29th, 2005, 05:31
ok thanks bro thats what i was wondering would u recomend a site to buy it from bro?

i heard liksang but i would like somone who has actullay bought it and received it, i dunno

just a littlebit worried about uising by DC over the internet.

thaive
November 29th, 2005, 06:15
i brought all my stuff from ebay :)

ifu look hard enough you can find cheaper than most shops, i pesonally followed the homebrew faq this site explained - buying a superpass and a supercard adapter (you will need CF to GBA from the sounds of it) - do you have an original silver ds that came with the metroid demo? if not you might need a passme2 instead of hte superpass as the newer ds's (ies the nintendogs and mariocart bundles) all have different firmware and as such the superpass won't work - passme2 will - google for that one though and read up.

check out http://www.dspassme.com/dstrackerlist.shtml just to be sure

apart from that if u are gonig the supercard way check out the http://www.scdev.org/ site - you mgiht find alot of interesting information there

good luck - anymore questions jsut reply and i'll try to help - though i'm quite new at this lol

zektor
December 4th, 2005, 05:48
I own a Supercard SD and use Moonshell all the time to play MP3's and OGG Vorbis music formats. Oggs are a little crackly, but MP3's play perfectly...and sound great through the speakers too. It's nice that through homebrew applications like these that you can actually add functionality that was never originally meant for the DS, but works so well!

I got my supercard from Jandaman.com . Excellent service, quick mailing. Keep in mind if you want to run homebrew NDS software that you will need a passme or passme2 (the latter being for newly purchased DS consoles) to be able to do this.