PDA

View Full Version : New Around The Forum - SegaCD & Sega32X emus

M Dash
November 28th, 2005, 17:59
Hi everyone! My name is M' (M Dash) Kusanagi and I'm new around the forum.
But that doesn't mean I'm newbie around the DC scene. Infact, I've been around the DC scene and homebrew for at least 2 years, and always trying to keep my best with up-to-date news about Dreamcast.

I'll post here two of my questions too:

When will someone do a Sega 32X or Sega CD emulator for Dreamcast? never saw any of these around... :confused:

Later ppl! ;)

My Sites:

- www.sonic-force-corp.tk - My Corp. Web Site

- www.night-walker.tk - NightWalker MidNight Detective Official website, resurrected by me.

- www.forceboy.tk - A MOD of the gnuboy/DC emulator by me, and a Windows Version MODed from a TGB emulator.

Cast128dreams
December 3rd, 2005, 17:30
Oh yes unfortunately noone could make this dream so far...
For now enjoy emoulators for the otherconsoles

quzar
December 5th, 2005, 07:22
These have never been attempted because the dreamcast would most likely not be able to run them at fullspeed(or anywhere close). As it is Genesis emulation is riding the edge of what is possible at full speed.

Cast128dreams
December 5th, 2005, 18:43
Yes........true kills sometimes....
Uhhhhh........

M Dash
December 6th, 2005, 00:14
hmm... i see... i tough that: if neocd is possible at fullspeed, why not 32X or Sega CD that are less powerfull than the neocd?

Cast128dreams
December 7th, 2005, 17:08
Hmmm yea you are right.

Skyhawk
December 7th, 2005, 20:57
- www.forceboy.tk - A MOD of the gnuboy/DC emulator by me, and a Windows Version MODed from a TGB emulator.
Can you tell me what it is exactly what you modded? If I am correct you say here that it's a MOD of DCGNUBoy. But on your site and the included readme it reads like you have created a new Gameboy emulator by yourself and never on there DCGNUBoy or it's author Takayama Fumihiko is mentioned.

M Dash
December 7th, 2005, 21:29
Can you tell me what it is exactly what you modded? If I am correct you say here that it's a MOD of DCGNUBoy. But on your site and the included readme it reads like you have created a new Gameboy emulator by yourself and never on there DCGNUBoy or it's author Takayama Fumihiko is mentioned.

yes, I know... I MUST update that :\

at the beggining, only my friends knew about the site, so i did it in a way for them to think that I made the emulator LOL

but now that I've "released" the site, i MUST update that! LOL

quzar
December 8th, 2005, 00:51
The NeoCD is not more powerful than the Sega CD. Not by far. Also, we don't emulate raster effects which is a big reason why NeoGeo emulation requires a fairly high end PC (for mame).

The SegaCD (if considered as a single system) has two M68ks, one Z80, two video chips, and two sound chips.

The NeoCD is a bit more powerful than the genesis, but the segaCD is much more powerful than both.

M Dash
December 11th, 2005, 05:00
wow.... oO; ... never realised that.... soo... i guess that SegaCD will never be on a DC?

EDIT: I've been wondering... if PSX emulation is possible on the Dreamcast, and the PSX is more powerfull than the SegaCD I believe...

I_Highway
December 29th, 2005, 03:44
Well, I know just nothing about programming, but as far as I've read, the main problem in emulating perfectly Genesis is the sound engine. I guess this wouldn't be a problem in emulating SegaCD, since the CD player (as a comparition) is a function DC also has.
Yes, there are two main (and similiar) processors in SegaCD, but there isn't the Genesis sound engine, what could make things easier.

quzar
December 29th, 2005, 04:05
Yes there is. One is simply the genesis with extra stuff. the SCD uses the genesis for sound as well