PDA

View Full Version : Use of the PSP's GPU yet?

Terial
November 29th, 2005, 02:18
Has anyone yet to figure out how to use the PSPs GPU yet? I know that was a big topic at the begining of the homebrew scene. It's really died down lately with the new topics of firmware expliots, firmware emulation, and firmware downgrading.

the vast majority of homebrew for the PSP would get an enormous increase in performance if the GPU was put to use, as coders wouldnt have to rely strictly on software.

im just wondering if anyone is working on making use of the GPU seeing as how everyone is focused on homebrew revolving around firmware. if we just continue to work on firmware, there will be not much of an increase in homebrew performance. DARN YOU SONY AND YOUR ROADBLOCKS!!!! DARN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :p

oninotsume
November 29th, 2005, 03:47
Many an emulator use the gpu. Off the top of my head I can think of SnesTYL, Neo Geo CD, HUE, an unofficial version of Nester J, etc. A lot of these emulators run at full-speed or around full-speed with nice graphic filters etc. If you haven't I suggest you try them out as you're likely to be quite pleasntly surprised.