PDA

View Full Version : DC controller to usb

shortfuse
November 29th, 2005, 05:40
Hey guys new to the forum here, sorry if this has been asked before but i did a search and couldnt really find it, what im looking for is a diagram or how to convert my old dreamcast controllers to a usb connector, ive heard i can buy that trio linker but im bored and i need a hobby so i wanna try out, second is anyone has the program to make it? third question do i even need a program to make it work? advance thanks to all who would reply

shortfuse
November 29th, 2005, 10:24
i got it to work i just need a driver, any1 knows where i can get a driver so my computer could recognize it?

Erghize
December 11th, 2005, 14:34
How did you port the controller to USB? I'd like to know 'cause it sounds like a cool idea.

Might find some way to reverse it and make it possible to use some USB devices on Dreamcast :P

Can't you search on Driver sites for the appropriate driver? Or, if your using WinXP...can't you configure the controller manually?

ptr.exe
December 12th, 2005, 11:31
You could use a PIC to take the DC protocol and output the standard USB one, then you wouldnt need drivers as Windows would just use generic USB controller ones.

i'm working on making a SNES controller adapter for the DC (to use with DreamSNES) i'm gonna do a similar thing to the DevCast NES guide, just use a PIC to take the SNES pad input and then output the correct signal to the DC, and some added circuitry to make the SNES controller work right.