PDA

View Full Version : PSP Bootscreen Replacement

Largo_W
November 29th, 2005, 09:58
Hi folks!
Does anybody know a way to get rid of this annoying bootscreen ? I mean this:
*bling, PSP logo showng, fading out, starting game*

Wanted to replace it with a Nintendo startup, but found nothin. Please help :)

HeX
November 30th, 2005, 02:55
there is homebrew that you can run that removes it and makes it just load the game but it only works on 1.5 atm so if you dont have it your out of luck

Largo_W
August 20th, 2006, 14:25
i dont get your post. i want the name ;)
I have downgraded my PSP when the first downgrader came out and since then I never ever runned an upgrade or downgrade since then ;) So.. please give me the anem of the program :D Theme PSP does not include it.

Man
August 20th, 2006, 15:13
Use xflash, i think, personnally, its the safest app to use, and you can do alot more, as for the nintendo bootscreen you may be out of luck.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 21st, 2006, 01:51
u do run a rusk of bricking your psp when u do this, since ur writing to the flash. and if u do, dont do it a lot, because ur only supposed to write to the flash yourself, a few times from what ive heard.

jak66
August 21st, 2006, 08:10
x flash is the best IMO (but then again, ive only ever used xflash), the nintendo ds gameboot did appear here for a while after it was made, but i think it was deleted after it was decided that, having being made with sonys leaked tools, it wasa illegal (just try google)

psp_iz_my_system: ive heard that about flashing stuff to your psp as well, but i dont get it, after all if that was the case updating your psp would be just as bad (in theory, maybe not reality) as it also flashes (an awful lot) to your psp memory

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 10:47
u do run a rusk of bricking your psp when u do this, since ur writing to the flash. and if u do, dont do it a lot, because ur only supposed to write to the flash yourself, a few times from what ive heard.
actually that's not true, i have had my psp for about a week now, and have written to the flash about 50 times. Probably more:)

motz
August 22nd, 2006, 11:02
There is always a risk of writing to flash but there should be no problem when doing this correctly under xflash.

I don't know where you heard that its not good to write to the flash frequently because that is 100% not true. :rolleyes:

tophead420
August 22nd, 2006, 12:19
i havnt seen a nintendo gameboot but when the tools were leaked im sure someone made one i seen a mario one on psp-hacks and alot more though these gameboots are illegal i think so use them at your own risk and im not tellin u to use them cuz i want no trouble from sony lol and dcemu