PDA

View Full Version : DS from USA

barney2225
November 29th, 2005, 13:35
Hi

Can anyone help - I was in US recently and bought a DS and Nintendog game for my daughter for Christmas - will games that I buy in UK work on this system or will we be limited to the one game bought in America?

Thanks for any info!

scrabbus
November 29th, 2005, 14:05
no, you should be absolutely fine. All but 3 of my games are imports and they all work on my uk DS, There are still no region specific carts, all should work on all systems. The only drawback is the power supply, you will have to get a us to uk plug (boots et al) loads of places sell them.

barney2225
November 30th, 2005, 11:13
Thanks for that, I was a little worried that she wouldn't be able to play games bought here (all her friends are getting the DS for xmas too and they like to swap games and borrow etc)

scrabbus
November 30th, 2005, 13:18
your welcome, I have had a look around for you and all the information that I have gotten back states that none of the nintendo ds cards are region encrypted so any game works on any ds, and after a little bit of snooping around managed to bag me a copy of animal crossing on pre order for £25, now thats a game!!! 25 guinnies???? "Hell" you say, "sir that does indeed sound expensive", "NONSENSE jeeves" I say, "for if it were so possible that maybe, just maybe good sir, it could be that this incarnation of Animal crossing may be...Nay I darent even think it, oh be damned with it all jeeves. What I was going to say before god himself is one can only pray that this incarnation is as good as the GameCube version, for if it 'twas to be so, I would run around London good sir with a large turnip in my mouth and my breeches alight."
Diary of Sir Scrabbus, Explorer, philanthropist.

souLLy
November 30th, 2005, 15:25
your welcome, I have had a look around for you and all the information that I have gotten back states that none of the nintendo ds cards are region encrypted so any game works on any ds, and after a little bit of snooping around managed to bag me a copy of animal crossing on pre order for £25, now thats a game!!! 25 guinnies???? "Hell" you say, "sir that does indeed sound expensive", "NONSENSE jeeves" I say, "for if it were so possible that maybe, just maybe good sir, it could be that this incarnation of Animal crossing may be...Nay I darent even think it, oh be damned with it all jeeves. What I was going to say before god himself is one can only pray that this incarnation is as good as the GameCube version, for if it 'twas to be so, I would run around London good sir with a large turnip in my mouth and my breeches alight."
Diary of Sir Scrabbus, Explorer, philanthropist.

I'd increase your dosage if i were you matey

beetroot bertie
December 2nd, 2005, 20:18
Or stop them entirely!

scrabbus
December 4th, 2005, 12:16
hehehehe, I know:D