PDA

View Full Version : Zelda DS

tringo
November 9th, 2004, 01:56
I have had a look on the web for information relating to Zelda DS. I know its a while before it gets released but does anyone know if it is going to be 2D or 3D. I am guessing that it will be 3D i.e. similar to ocarina of time on the nintendo 64. Also has anyone heard of rumours about a ports of the nintendo 64 zelda titles. I am looking forward to the new made for DS zelda game but ports of the nintendo 64 titles would be excellent.

Thanks

forgetmenot
December 14th, 2004, 10:01
I am also looking forward to Zelda ds ;D i also think its gonna be 3d and i dont want the same old 64 zelda games i want new adventures and most of all i want it to be online!

wraggster
December 14th, 2004, 10:36
or at least some type of game where people that are near you can join you in some massive rpg world.

forgetmenot
December 15th, 2004, 09:53
Zelda shouldent be a RPG. it should stay the same as wind waker

Zaneblade
December 15th, 2004, 10:56
i think it should be like the one on n64 with a different story but that type of game cos it was so good!!

my idea for a game is to have a storie mode when you level up and to have a seperate online multiplayer bit so it would be half rpg half mmorpg!! it would be so cool!! i would love Ragnarok to make it that would rule!! (if you have not played ragnarok goto http://www.ragnarokonline.com/ and try it out!! you can play a free 7day trial and if you dont get addicted im amazed!!)

i also think that nintendo should make a solid cable link from p.c to DS with a adator! they could make it 1 end usb and the other go into the GBA slot so peole could have a solid connection and not have 2 fork out loads of £$£$£ to get wireless inet just for the inet play!

well these my 2 pence!

forgetmenot
December 16th, 2004, 10:01
I want the zelda to be like the windwaker but online and a new storyline

Zaneblade
December 17th, 2004, 02:15
i dont i hated th cell shaded windwaker graphics!! i want 1 like the n64 but with a different storyline!!

forgetmenot
December 17th, 2004, 09:47
Windwaker was sooo cool. it had great cartoony graphics.and it was so much fun sailing with the seagulls. and happy shit like that so dont dis the windwaker. and i prefer majoras mask over ocarina of time because you can were the bunny hood to make u run fast and that was fun ;D

Zaneblade
December 17th, 2004, 10:12
it had great cartoony graphics
NOOOO i hated them!! i like the originality of them but i think they could have been so much better if dont normally!

forgetmenot
December 17th, 2004, 10:14
Well to bad because they have already agreed to make zealda a cartoon from now on

Zaneblade
December 17th, 2004, 12:19
no they have not! look at the new legand of zelda coming out on the GC

go to the link and look at the pics! they seem to tell me different
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/imgs_2.html?fromint=1

and you can go here and download the movie
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

Shapyi
December 17th, 2004, 15:37
forgetmenot, the next Zelda for Gamecube is not going to be cartoon styled. That has been confirmed already tons of times. Sorry you liked Wind Waker but the majority of the Zelda fans did not like the style.

As for the Nintendo DS Zelda it is going to be Four Swords 2D Style. Unless they announced another Zelda game there are only making a wireless Zelda game that is the same style as the Four Swords Zelda.

Cap'n 1time
December 17th, 2004, 20:43
Hi everyone! I'm back and the first thing I see is a Zelda DS post. The poster above me said exactly what I was going to say. Thanks to Shapyi for saving me the trouble of typing all of that.

Dunno why they would think of releasing a 2d game on such hardware (not because it makes for a bad game.. but because alot of ignorant people think it does). I expect nintendo wouldnt concider creating it if it wasnt going to be cool though. Unlike many other companies... they dont make crappy sequals.

Eric
December 17th, 2004, 21:37
yeah its going to be a different type of Zelda it looks like this one is for a more higher age the last one looked like it was for a younger age just the look and appealed to the younger crowd

souLLy
December 18th, 2004, 03:01
either way i don't care how the graphics go but the cartoony way is fine by me... i've got faith it'll be brilliant whatever they do with it, i'm currently pretty addicted to the minish cap, and the last time i really played a game this regularly was probably shenmue and that was a long while ago... zelda really is an incredible series. I wouldn't say either way was meant for a higher or younger age since the puzzles and gameplay play almost exactly alike regardless of how it looks... don't mistake a cartoon look with a childish look, jet set radio wasn't a kids game it was a stylised game, and the wind waker was beautifully stylised. I guess i prefer looking at something quirky than realistic a lot of the time... gore and zombies don't make a game adult for me.

PrOtEsT
December 27th, 2004, 17:24
I loved Wind Waker, at first the graphics put me right off it, but when I played it, it was amazing! But I think I'd be less happy with the graphics if the game play wasn;t as awesome as it was. I still prefer the old OOT graphics. I hope they just re-release that, may sound a little boring but its an awesome game, I have it on 3 different platforms (N64, Gamecube and PC) and I'd love to see it on a handheld. Also, if you look at the awesome stuff they added to Mario 64, imagine what they could add to OOT ;D

Zaneblade
December 28th, 2004, 13:21
i just think 3d graphics just added alot more to the game than 3d! just enables more to happen!

Eric
December 28th, 2004, 13:34
Trust me from news i hear this next Zelda game wont be a let down and if your all peed off about how the game is looking cause it doesnt look like windmaker lets just think about game play. So far the next one i have heard you are able to fight with someone while being on a horse not that interesting yet but i will give out more news later.

forgetmenot
January 3rd, 2005, 10:04
i havent here of another zelda for GAME CUBE BUT ILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT, AND THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WINDWAKER

bingo414
January 3rd, 2005, 12:32
I don't care what it looks like that much as long as Nintendo delivers us another great game. And I trust them! They really havn't gone wrong. Except maybe with The Adventure of Link, but that's another topic...

Here's a pic of an Ocarina of Time port to the DS...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/bingo414/ootds.jpg

Cap'n 1time
January 3rd, 2005, 21:42
can you give us a source? you know it would be great if you fing morons could give us a source every time you posted somthing, that way we wouldnt have to waste are time making sure that you know you are wrong and what not. That is more than likely a fake but thanks for the pic you ficking dolt.

I HATE ZELDA, I HATE ANIME, I HATE YOU STUPID KIDS AND YOUR STUPID THREADS ABOUT THE FIRST SHITTY THING YOU CAN COME UP WITH. I AM STARTING TO HATE THIS FORUM WITH A PASSION AND I DONT RECOMEND YOU TELL ME TO "just leave" BECAUSE THAT MIGHT PISS ME OFF ENOUGH TO STAY.

bingo414
January 4th, 2005, 07:11
I hate you flame war starting ittle shits that start shooting pofanities at everyone. I'm sorry if you don't like my pic. I was just trying guys to show you guys what I think a zelda port would look like if one existed. I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear that I am actually the source of this picture. But that is no excuse for some middle school shit head to start cussing me out. Grow a brain or don't use these forums.

bingo414
January 4th, 2005, 07:18
I'm sorry there are those out there that don't get the same thrills from a Zelda game that I do. I can still remember the first time I started up A Link to the Past on my brand new Super Nintendo when I was kid. It seems so long ago. I guess that a port of Ocarina of Time to a handheld format is just being too hopeful.

If you don't get the same thrills from the game, that's fine, but don't start yelling at people because they want to dream about what they think are good games. Why post in here in the first place?

Cap'n 1time
January 4th, 2005, 09:34
Ill have to apologize, i was in a bad mood. but looking apon your post you were about to create a rumour that was going to destroy your reputation anyways. Why the hell weould anyone create a pic like that in the first place.

I would have to be insane to hate zelda, and i dont. Its the people that post about this that pisses me off. There is no need to create concept art of what an oot "port" would look like. If it were to happen I think nintendo would post there own pics. Please dont waste peoples times posting pics like that again.

forgetmenot
January 4th, 2005, 09:55
ill have to agree with timeuser on hsis bad mood poast he had some good points on this forum being gay and all that. the only reasion im on this forum is because im bord at school. and because i had a question about ds that got ansewred

Cap'n 1time
January 5th, 2005, 15:11
ill have to agree with timeuser on hsis bad mood poast he had some good points on this forum being gay and all that. the only reasion im on this forum is because im bord at school. and because i had a question about ds that got ansewred

you know what... i was in a good mood till i read your post. you better watch your mouth or your next on my list. This is one of the greatest forums on the net.

adam
January 6th, 2005, 09:52
i just think *3d graphics just added alot more to the game than 3d! just enables more to happen!

I agree, Wind Waker was boring it was too easy. There were hardly any puzzles that took more than 2 seconds to work out.

I hope the new Zelda on the DS is 3d, and has challenging puzzles

Zaneblade
January 7th, 2005, 16:09
i just hope its not 2D thats the only thing i dont want! you can only attack in 4 different directions and just things like that! windwaker was ok but the graphics did put me offf! ino you are going to say all zeldas are amazinf no matter the graphics and thats true but it just did 'feel' right! all i am saying is that i really dont want it 2d because it takes alot away from the game!!

lets all calm down and go wack off!

and yea i wish forgetmenot never came he/she was just very anoying!

PrOtEsT
January 8th, 2005, 17:52
I hope the Zelda DS game is like OOT graphics but with the Wind Waker fighting style, some of the techniques you can do are amazing! And yeh, more complex puzzles.

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 18:59
Ive never found Zelda Games too easy :P

must be my age

im hoping that NIntendo have some type of wireless mode to let you and friemds walk together in a Zelda multplayer world on the DS.

heres hoping

krowstrife
January 8th, 2005, 19:56
im hoping that NIntendo have some type of wireless mode to let you and friemds walk together in a Zelda multplayer world on the DS.

heres hoping

they prolly re-release four swords for it ::)

why was that game on gamecube????? >:( ???

Zaneblade
January 9th, 2005, 08:03
i dont know that was very stupid!!! i have heard that zelda will not have any multiplayer mode which sux!

forgetmenot#2
January 18th, 2005, 17:53
about this gamecube game. so you say they are makeing another zealda for gamecube,when will it be relested what is retail price and you say its not like windwaker than whats it like. I would have asked sooner but i got banned for makeing a joke.....3 times that wasent funny

Zaneblade
January 19th, 2005, 10:06
have a look at this trailer
http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=641

the retail price will prob be normal price!
and the release is not yet confurmed!

soccerboi00
January 28th, 2005, 17:27
i hope the ds game is not just a port of another zelda game, i want an all new one!

Zaneblade
January 28th, 2005, 23:21
yea same!! has anyone tryed 4swords? it realy cool but abit expensive because u need alot of GBAs to make it amazinly fun but the game is great!

anyway i thought they would release some info on it today but nope =(