PDA

View Full Version : Psp Wont Work...any Help?

Scott_Sheila
November 30th, 2005, 20:54
I bought a PSP off of Ebay. Its a Japanese version of the PSP1000.
It came with an adaptor so that I can charge it in a UK socket. When I start charging the red power light comes on then goes off a couple of minutes later. Is this normal? :confused: I dont know whether the PSP is still charging or not.
When I remove the AC adaptor & switch it on the power light goes green but nothing comes onto the screen. Ive tried pressing buttons etc but still nothing happens!! :( :( :(
Can anyone help me?
Has this happened to anyone else?
What can I do?
Its for my kids Christmas & I really want to get it working ASAP!!
Thanks. :)

MGFox
November 30th, 2005, 21:16
When I start charging the red power light comes on then goes off a couple of minutes later. Is this normal?

Thats normal behaviour "IF" the battery is full!

When I remove the AC adaptor & switch it on the power light goes green but nothing comes onto the screen. Ive tried pressing buttons etc but still nothing happens!!

Does the green light stay on? Does it make any sound (through the speaker)?
On the bottom row of buttons, just to the right of the PSP logo is a button with a square on it...try pressing that one, its the button to adjust the brightness of the screen but it also switches the screen on and off?!?...don't think it'll work but its worth a try!

What can I do?

If none of this works, then the best thing to do would be to get in contact with the eBay seller and explain whats going on...if they don't respond or seem like an unhelpful ass, then report the situation to eBay!

It's sad when this happens, but eBay are usually quite good for fighting the battle of the victim, so try not to let it ruin Christmas!

Sorry, I couldn't be more help!

Cheers,
Fox

Scott_Sheila
November 30th, 2005, 21:30
Thanks Fox,
The green power button stays on, but I tried pressing the button you were talking about but still nothing?!
Help!!!!!
Desperado....

MGFox
November 30th, 2005, 21:49
I'm sorry to say this, but I believe you have been sent a faulty PSP or it has got damaged in transit.

From here, as I suggested before, I'd contact the Seller ASAP. If there is no response within about 3 days, then submit your case to the eBay complaints department directly (they have sorted out things for me in the past).

To help cover your wallet, if you payed via Paypal you could be covered with thier purchases insurance; I can't remember the exact figure but I think it'll more than cover the cost of the PSP (I think it was about £500, but don't quote me on that). I'd also check out your credit cards insurance policies as well and these could also cover you if things go bad!

This is all the advice I can provide, I hope everything works out!

Cheers,
Fox