View Full Version : Dreamcast resets
December 1st, 2005, 00:29
Hey, I'm new here so I need some help. When I turn on my dreamcast it shows the dreamcast logo but it then shuts off what's up with it? :(
December 1st, 2005, 00:53
Yeah most of them had this problem, including both of mine! There are some online instructions on how to fix it, I used to have them but unfortunately lost them, I'm sure someone on here has the answer?
December 1st, 2005, 00:58
it happened to yours too thats bad
December 1st, 2005, 01:00
i tried recharging it but that didn't work
December 1st, 2005, 03:44
this is what I do-
* unplug the dreamcast
* open it up
* take out the screws on the PSU (the board to the left)
* unclip the whipe clip thing at the back of the psu
* lift the PSU, you'll see a white thing towards the bottom right of the psu, it has 4 or 5 pins in it and makes it hard to lift off, grab the PSU by the edge next to that and lift it off from there, you may need to use a little force.
* see those pins I was talking about? they will be exposed now and they need cleaning
* clean them with methylated spirits and a cotton bud, also you might want to clean the holes they go into.
* put it all back together and your DC should be fine 'till it gets dirty again.
December 1st, 2005, 19:56
oh i'll try that, i thought it was just a problem with the battery
December 1st, 2005, 20:22
damn it didn't work
December 1st, 2005, 20:22
December 1st, 2005, 20:39
Is it physically turning off after the DC logo or just resetting? I had my dreamcast reset on me alot. For me it was a problem with my DC lid being loose. I just put something heavy like my old 3D Studio Max 1 book. That worked and I never had that reset problem again. The funny thing now is that I don't seem to have that problem anymore and I don't even need to use a heavy book or anything. I would just try that and see if it works. If not then it must be something wrong with the hardware. I hope this helps.
December 1st, 2005, 20:42
*i turn it on
*the dreamcast logo appears
*right after the logo disappears the screen just turns black
December 2nd, 2005, 01:20
ok doesn't sound like the common resetting problem, the system would actually reset and try to boot again, you'd see the dreamcast boot sequence after the reset, then it'd do it again over and over.
December 2nd, 2005, 19:38
no, the screen just stays black after the dreamcast logo is gone
December 2nd, 2005, 20:09
My DC had a problem when it went black during the playing of a game (any). It didn't reset but I tried the prong cleaning that was mentioned above and it's been fine since (touch wood).
I doubt this would help but there's a guide here with pictures for anyone who's unsure of what's what:
Hope it helps.
December 2nd, 2005, 21:40
hey it woked thanks guys
December 2nd, 2005, 22:16
it worked finally i'm so happy
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.