PDA

View Full Version : How did you hack your PSP and when / where did you get it?

Wally
September 5th, 2008, 13:43
G'day again!

How did you hack your PSP?
When did you get it?
Where did you get it?

I hacked my PSP with the MPH 2.00 exploit, it scared the flying patoonies out of me when it crashed at 99% that's because pandora didn't exist back then and thats the only way to install 1.50. Which was early 2005.

I got my PSP from eBay, from a lady whom kept going through the PSP's and checking for dead pixels, she kept saying the 1.50's had a lot of dead pixels all jap imports. As soon as the 2.00 exploit came out i rang her and said look give me a 1.52 PSP and i'll go from there.. and i got it with medievil resurrection ( I still own this game).

Isn't that exciting!

Wally

jonezybaby
September 5th, 2008, 14:10
Again originally with the MPH 2.0 exploit, mine came with an original 1.50 firmware and upgraded for GTA:LC,
got mine from a shop in bristol, the guy sold jap imports from his shop and had mine in april/june of 2005, so i had mine a few months early then most ppl in the uk.

bought mine with a region 3 ridge racer, which i still own, and bought a 64mb memory stick,paid £217 for it.

Still have that original psp now, runnin 3.80m33-2 now tho :D

Kane_F
September 5th, 2008, 15:53
With a hardmodded pandora battery. Quite easy to make - all I've needed was a needle (to open it), small kitchen knife, self-confidence and a super-glue.

When did you get it?
January this year.

Where did you get it?
At the Smyths toystore in Cork. There was some promo going on, and I've managed to get mine for 126e, instead of almost 200.

-Xandu-
September 5th, 2008, 16:09
How did you hack your PSP?; MPH 2.0 Downgrader, I got my PSP a 1.52 one. It had C on the barcode label.. ahh the good days. I remember when GTA LCS never worked, then MPH came out with the MPH GTA loader. And Fanjita's brewloader ahh the days..

When did you get it?; 25/12/2005, was the BOMB back then.

Where did you get it?; United States, was way cheaper there, got it for 250$

ICE
September 5th, 2008, 16:16
Walmart almost 3 years ago with the 2.71 downgrader then for my slim Walmart again last year with a pandora of course

mike_jmg
September 8th, 2008, 19:23
1st. - Black PSP 1001, it came with 1.51, I already knew I needed 1.50 so I upgraded to 2.0 and downgraded using tiff exploit Mph 2.0 downgrader, then upgraded to 2.60 for tekken and downgraded again using 2.71 downgrader

Got it on July 2006 I think, bought it at SAMs club here in Mexico, paid around $330 bucks for it, value pack with a crappy 32 mb stick etc, umd movie TRON and Smart Bomb (both umds sucked).

2nd. - God of War PSP slim bundle, July 2008, a friend brought it for me from the US, I think he bought it at circuit city, paid $200 bucks plus tax, hacked using pandora's battery made out of the first battery my phat had

Darkoni2
September 8th, 2008, 23:01
I hacked my PSP with very little knowledge of homebrew, I just wanted to play old NES and SNES games. So I found TIFF downgrader and downgraded it.

I got my PSP in 2005 from a Mcdonalds Bigmac code (So yeah the contests are real).

It was cool because I got it for Christmas when I thought I wouldn't even get a DS because I was poor.

Zin0099
September 9th, 2008, 02:40
me i have 1001 model
used datels tool! i know but i don't hate datel and now i'am at the most recent custom firmware and 150kernal
nes and crisis core(i bought my umd right away) i did it in the year 2008 or when pandora came!

redcat23
September 22nd, 2008, 15:30

Pandora battery that I got from DealExtreme

When did you get it?

It being the PSP? Actually, I got it back in August of 2008.

Where did you get it?

My dad got the PSP for free from a conference he attended. After many months of trying to figure out what to do with it, he gave it to me. I promptly researched how to hack a 3.51 PSP which lead me to a Pandora battery and an MMS. So you could call me a n00b.

So far I've got gPSP, NesterJ, Some SNES emulator and i've been working on getting my SOTN onto the PSP. SOTN locks up right after the initial battle with Dracula. I think it's because I am still on 3.71M33.

Anyhow, it's continues to be fun hacking away at it.

Wally
September 22nd, 2008, 22:36
Actually noobs don't research things!

Im beginning to like you already!

Wally

Shrygue
September 22nd, 2008, 22:43
Mine? Well, I downgraded my 2nd PSP via the 2.71 tiff exploit (well, I think that was it but deifnately from 2.71). At that time, I thought "This could be the end for my PSP if the flashing fails" and I was so relieved it worked. I got mine from the GAME store back somewhere in 2006 to replace the first one that broke.

ICE
September 22nd, 2008, 22:55
Pandora battery that I got from DealExtreme

Isnt DealExtreme awesome?

redcat23
September 23rd, 2008, 16:57
Isnt DealExtreme awesome?

Yes, Pandora battery AND 4GB memory stick for ~$25.

So awesome.