PDA

View Full Version : Newbe seeks help

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 00:01
I have some question's regarding "homebrew",
I tried reading about homebrew online after I found a game of Counterstriked said to be modified for PSP and I couldnt get what it actually is,
or how to use it for that matter,
I downloaded two games which i have no idea how to open,
it came in two folders with the same name one with % and the other without, i read somewhere i need to use sei PSP tool, which i downloaded and had no idea how to operate,
any chance anyone could give me a detailed manual of how to open those spesific games?...
thanks,
Daniel

Wally
September 6th, 2008, 00:13
Give us a bit more info,

We need to know your firmware version and if its custom firmware or not

Wally

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 00:19
Well to be honest i realllly dont know, I bought the PSP from a friend, i know its not a slim, and its "cracked" i mean i can download ISO games to it, any way to check the versiona and firmware?

Wally
September 6th, 2008, 00:32
We don't want you to download ISO games onto it, that'll only cause trouble.

Go to system settings > system information in the settings pane. We need the Firmware Version Number.

if you are on 1.50 / early custom firmware already we suggest getting 3.52 M33 from dark-alex.org then update to that and patch to version 4 then update to 4.01 M33.

This will solve half of your problems and your friend probably will want his PSP back. ROFL

Wally

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 01:17
Ok you see what you said here is just the talk i dont get XD with the upgrading and the downgrading and such, i need an easy explanation :<
anyway, it says:
System software: 3.90 m33

whats bad about saving ISO's and CSO's on my memory stick?

Darksaviour69
September 6th, 2008, 01:22
We don't support piracy on the site, just homebrew. Just don't ask for help with iso etc, but we will help you with homebrew, emulators (but not where to get roms) etc.

Happy homebrewing

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 01:41
Well considering I only wanted help with homebrewing and how to activate the roms i already have i guess we dont have a problem, but i still aint got the slightest clue on how to open the games.

Wally
September 6th, 2008, 03:58
Put games / apps etc into PSP/Game

load them through the memory stick menu.

Wally

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 12:45
Well thats what i did :S
but i get two icons in the memory stick, one of the game and one corrupted data, and when i press the game icon it gives me an error...

Wally
September 6th, 2008, 17:26
Well thats what i did :S
but i get two icons in the memory stick, one of the game and one corrupted data, and when i press the game icon it gives me an error...

what game and what error

Turn the PSP off and put it into recovery mode by holding R when turning it on, select Configuration and then change the disable corrupt icons to on..

State the error number and we'll be sweet.

Wally

xdannyshitx
September 6th, 2008, 17:42
You sure thats how i put it in recovery mode? cause nothing happens when i hold R while turning it on..

this is the game:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32652

Wally
September 7th, 2008, 02:38
I doubt your turning the PSP off properly,
Either
1) Take the battery out and put it again, try holding R until you see a recovery menu
2) hold the power button up until it stops flashing and you'll see the LED just die.

Im not sure if that works natively on 3.90 m33, i'd have to check.

Wally

xdannyshitx
September 7th, 2008, 07:16
ok i took out the battery and it worked,
i put the "Hide corrupt icons" on enabled,
btw theres a "hard reset on homebrew" thing on disabled, has anything to do with?

Anyway, still same error,
Game could not be started (8002014c)

Wally
September 7th, 2008, 08:45
Theres better clones than this anyway.. Kurok PSP

xdannyshitx
September 7th, 2008, 16:24
Lol does that mean you gave up on this? :(
ill try this karuk thing, i just wanted to try the online option.. thanks anyway i guess

edit:
thanks alot for that, i downloaded the karuk thing and put it on my memory stick started the game and my PSP went black screen and it doesnt react now, even when i took out the memory stick.
yey for none piracy -_-

Saracchini
September 7th, 2008, 17:40
What are the homebrew that you are using ?
Some homebrew are intended to run in kernel 3.XX mode and others to run in kernel 1.50 . The homebrew made for 1.50 kernel must be put in folder GAME150 instead GAME in recent Custom Firmware. Those homebrews are caracterized by two folders, one with "%" at end of the folder name.

If you are in 3.90 M33 you must install kernel 1.50 add-on once before run those 1.50 homebrew or you will aways get a error after start the program since it dont have support for then by default .

In other hand, homebrew made for 3.XX kernel should stay in folder GAME or GAME3XX.

Wally
September 7th, 2008, 22:51
Lol does that mean you gave up on this? :(
ill try this karuk thing, i just wanted to try the online option.. thanks anyway i guess

edit:
thanks alot for that, i downloaded the karuk thing and put it on my memory stick started the game and my PSP went black screen and it doesnt react now, even when i took out the memory stick.
yey for none piracy -_-

Im not giving up, its just that game you tried isn't compatible with the 3.90 Kernel, perhaps if you installed the 1.5 kernel and shoved it in there, that'd be a different story.

Take the battery out and put it back in.

Wally