PDA

View Full Version : psp question

Ac!d
December 2nd, 2005, 20:38
im gunna buy a psp lets say i get a version 2.50... will i be able to run HomeBrew and emulators and make sure you tell me (yes or no) to bolth emulator and homebrew not jus one awnser like a no for emulator

well im going to buy a psp and i plan to see the version will i be able to see it on the box? or do i have to play the psp and find out? and if i have to buy it first and find out how do i do it..? cuz if its 2.50 and it cant play emu's and homebrew i will jus take it back and say it dont work lol :D and get another one somewhere else

MGFox
December 2nd, 2005, 21:53
No, you cannot play Emulators or Homebrew on a v2.50 PSP...and just to let you know emulators ARE homebrew, therefore if one works the other will!

The only PSP Firmware versions capable of running homebrew are 1.00, 1.50 or 2.00!
However, version 2.00 is currently limited to can run!

It might be possible to decipher the barcode to work out the version, but I have no idea how!

To check the version once you have purchased the PSP you will need to use the menu to navigate to:- Settings->System Settings->System Information

Some folks are currently working on getting Homebrew running on v2.50...although progress is slow!

Cheers,
Fox

Cap'n 1time
December 4th, 2005, 06:15
No, you cannot play Emulators or Homebrew on a v2.50 PSP...and just to let you know emulators ARE homebrew, therefore if one works the other will!

Not exactly... but i can see what you mean by that statment :p

MGFox
December 4th, 2005, 23:02
Oh? If I'm wrong I'll stand corrected, but I understood the term Homebrew to basically mean non-commercial software...Home-Brewed...created at home!?! am I wrong?

In my understanding Emulators are a sub-category of Home-Brew, just like Games, Applications, Demos and Ports. This makes sense because all the software is created at home, therefore Home-Brewed!?! is this also wrong?

I've been running Home-brew code for many years, through many generations of consoles, and these have always 'appeared' to be accurate definitions...please correct me before I spread more false information!

Cheers,
Fox