PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew - complete novice needs help please!

fuzzyjon
September 7th, 2008, 11:42
Hello there,
I own an unmodded UK Wii and was told that I would be able to use Homebrew software (specifically emulators) on my Wii if I purchased a Gecko SD adapter and SD Card.

I've now got both of these but I'm unable to get any software to boot.

I have burnt the ISO image of SDLoad to a DVD, but when I put it into the Wii I just get the "An error has occured" message.

I'm sure the solution is very simple (!), but could someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to make Homebrew software run on my Wii?

Many thanks for your help.

Jon
:D

deosvx
September 10th, 2008, 06:42
try the twighlight hack?

sean.aaron
September 10th, 2008, 07:14
What deosvx said. The Gecko devices require that you have some kind of solution already in place, either Twilight Hack or Homebrew Channel already installed. They aren't exploiting a hardware hole already on the system.

Regardless of what hack you use, you cannot read an unofficial DVD without having a drivechip installed.

lorddeathmark
November 19th, 2008, 21:26
drive chips no longer needed, my softmodded wii reads dvds with no modchip. i even had trouble with the 3.3u update but i got it all working.

heres the steps took:
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=145939
i would recommend against installing and using the nintendo channel, and not use the 24 hour wii connect.
a new solution is the works that will make BIG N updates AND homebrew play nice.